Package file is invalid error

1. ZOOLAHiSHKOBOB

ZOOLAHiSHKOBOB Well-Known Member

Every time I download an application from Market I get an error saying " Package file is invalid." Then I can't download the app. Anyone know how to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. t3084

t3084 Well-Known Member

This sometimes happens, and it doesn't matter what rom you are using.

you can first try to Go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Market/Play store > delete the cache and data.

If this does not work, redo the steps above but right after reboot into recovery. Format/clear the cache partition, and in Advance options menu, Clear the Dalvik cache. Reboot, and try the market again.

If this doesn't work... you're just gonna have to reflash the system. Don't worry, you SHOULD be able to get away with this by Going into recovery, WITHOUT WIPING, reflash the same rom, and again format/clear the Cache partition, and in the Advance menu options, delete the Dalvik Cache. reboot again.

If this doesn't work.... wipe everything.
    NFLprincess and AlvinChien like this.
  3. ZOOLAHiSHKOBOB

not working =/
  4. t3084

t3084 Well-Known Member

If you followed all the steps, even to a complete reflash of everything... that means factory reset+reflash of the rom, there should be no reason it doesn't :/

Can you tell us specifically which rom(build) you are using?
  5. ZOOLAHiSHKOBOB

[ROM][WIP]CM7.2.0 RC1-BobZ
  6. t3084

t3084 Well-Known Member

the latest build? 3-24-12?

Did you already try the full reset and re-flash?
  7. mario0318

mario0318 Well-Known Member

Have you tried downloading an app called MarketFix?
  8. Zokula

Zokula Active Member

I had this happen a few times, the only fix that worked for me was re flashing whatever ROM I was using.
  9. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Go look at my post in bobz cm7 rom
  10. Renton23

Renton23 Well-Known Member

If your on bobz RC0 build, then this happened to me too. deleting the caches didn't work either. It wasn't until RC1 was released that it worked.
  11. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

U have to delete the file Bob said to delete as well, not just cache....
  12. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

This is what I accidentally posted in bobz cm7 thread instead of this one:

This is to fix market^ use "es file explorer" or "root explorer" this goes for ALL roms

Thank BobZhome, not me.....
    mbk1994 and NFLprincess like this.
  13. Renton23

Renton23 Well-Known Member

I hadn't seen that.... but like I said RC1 fixed it for me.
  14. DBNissan

DBNissan Well-Known Member

I tried deleting and moving 01mvdalvik but it wouldn't let me. Any other way to remove it?
  15. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Did you reboot into recovery and erase cache and dalvik cache??
  16. DBNissan

not yet. I got stuck at the first step so I didn't want to move any further until I backed-up my files/apps. I'll try that after backup completes
  17. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

after backup completes,
    1. boot into phone
    2. remove the same file again
    3. then go to settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Market or Google Play Store
    4. hit clear data.
    5. now wipe /cache and dalvik cache in recovery
    6. reboot
    jasonzech and DBNissan like this.
  18. DBNissan

Thanks sammyz! I had already deleted google play data and then wiped cache and dalvik cache in recover after backup completed. I did not go back to remove the file but downloading apps is working again! I will go back to delete the 01mvdalviknow.
  19. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Yea the fix to this particular error applies to all roms, any other error is usually fixed by just force closing it or rebooting it.
  20. DBNissan

Still won't let me delete or move 01mvdalvik but I am still able to download apps. I guess I'll just wipe cache and dalvik cache if it happens again.

Thanks again sammyz
  21. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Make sure you have root privileges....use a root explorer, go through the settings (of the app) and make sure everything that needs to be checked is checked
  22. DBNissan

I was using file manager. Which root explorer do you recommend?
  23. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

The free one, ES File Manager i think it's called, just search "root explorer" and you'll see it.
  24. t3084

t3084 Well-Known Member

I think ES file explorer should be included in the roms by default... thats just my opinion :D
  25. Izu

Izu New Member

Hi, Im new to this forum. About file invalid error on playstore... I faced the same problem before. So I jzt experiment something new and it worked. Just go to the access point names and see if there is an option to edit data access point settings. Then see if your connection is proxy enabled. If enabled, write down the proxy address for future referance. Then erace the proxy address and save settings. Now go to play store and see if it works! Worked for me... Itz easy and give it a try if you are going to do more advanced thing like FLASHING THE ROM... Blessings... AND OMG THIS IS MY FIRST REPLY IN FORUM.... ;-)
    arjunaanuradha likes this.