Package file is invalid (Google Plus)

1. DazzaJay

DazzaJay New Member

This only happens with the latest update to Google+ for me.
    I am assuming it's a problem with the installer itself, as unlike other issues ive read i am still able to install other apps.

Cleared the cache, and all that still cant get Google+ to install.
    (But still other apps install/update fine)

I do not have a custom ROM, nor is it rooted. standard factory Samsung Captivate Glide.

Think it's a problem with the latest Google+ app? or can i do a workaround of some kind?

Advertisement
    :
  2. CompMAS2

CompMAS2 New Member

Same issue here on a stock HTC EVO 3D running Android 2.3.4.
  3. linbmcd

linbmcd New Member

I have same problem, as did many others if you look at Play Store site. I have standard factory HTC Rezound running Android 2.3.4.
  4. DazzaJay

DazzaJay New Member

Just had another look at the page on Play Store....
    Looks like it's just the app.
    May have to wait for the next version.

Danny - June 30, 2012 - HTC Desire S with version 3.0.1.31536262Please Fix
    It says "Package file is invalid" PLEASE FIX!

Matt - June 30, 2012 - Version 3.0.1.31536262Broken
    Invalid Package. Come on, Google...

Mark - June 30, 2012 - Samsung Galaxy S2 with version 3.0.1.31536262Events are buggy
    "Package file is invalid". What the heck's going on lately, Google? Can't view the full comments in events. Uploading pictures to events don't work either, regardless of party mode. Major bugs. Just remember, I'm rooting for you, Google. Let's fix this...

Tom92024 - June 30, 2012 - Samsung Galaxy S with version 3.0.1.31536262Update Won't Install
    The 6/30 update won't install. "Invalid package file" error on both my Android devices.
  5. rcburwell

rcburwell New Member

I have the same problem this morning. A Samsung galaxy note.
  6. mrjones25

mrjones25 Member

I had problems with the update on my S2. It finally loaded, but the widget icon had to be replaced manually and now I have been getting erroneous logon failures on my Google account. I think it is the app.
  7. baba123

baba123 New Member

I had to do it this way with my Triumph for it to work for me. I first seen it on VM lives fb page and clicked the link from my phone and it wouldn't work that way.
  8. nikostic

nikostic New Member

Same problem here on my Xperia mini...currently running ICS...4.0.4....my app downloads and the it shows the same message!... cleared cache and data as well...but with no success... what should I do?
  9. samparker010

samparker010 Member

yes i face same problem at my galaxy S3 ..

---------------------------
    i love to Watch Full Free Latest Movies @ themoviesdatabase.blogspot.com
  10. handpub

handpub New Member

this worked for me but I first unchecked data & sync from my google account and then had to disable 'Allow Automatic Updating' on the install page.