1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General PadFone 2 - 1 Month Later

1. Shanearn

Shanearn New Member

I purchased my 32GB PadFone 2 while visiting Bangkok over Christmas. It was purchased from IT City in Pantip Plaza for 26,000 Baht (AUD828). After the VAT refund at the airport it ended up costing around $730 Australian Dollars. (Approx. USD771)

Firstly, for Australian readers, there is no issue in using this model with Optus in Australia. I have been receiving amazing 4G speeds averaging around 55Mb/Sec down and 25Mb/Sec up. (For the U.S., this model is not compatible).

The images taken by the 13Mp Camera are simply astonishing. People who have seen some of my images have made particular comment on how clear the images are, many of those didn't know I took the image with the phone.

The Quad-Core CPU provides a massive amount of power. Having owned the original PadFone I can testify there is a significant speed boost with this new unit. The ability to slide the phone in and out without having to open a door also works brilliantly.

Shortly after arriving back in Australia, the unit automatically updated itself to Android Version 4.1.1 (JellyBean).

The battery life also exceeds expectations as I am able to talk for around 3 hours per day, send/receive Email, SMS & MMS and perform several other tasks and still have well over 60% remaining at the end of the day!

After using the PadFone 2 for a month I can only say this would have to be the best phone I have ever owned (and I've owned many!!). The only fact which might annoy some people is the lack of a memory expansion slot.

I personally believe this would have to be the closest to being a perfect phone which has ever been made. Anyone thinking of buying should just go out and do it and start enjoying an amazing device.

(I have no affiliation with ASUS by the way, I just love superb technology and wanted to express it).

Shane.

Advertisement
    olbriar likes this.
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Nice write up Shanearn. Thanks for sharing.