Padfone Infinity available now/Got mine!General

1. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

64GB models in stock with various Ebayers, interestingly, against expectations, it is preceding the 32GB model. Mine is shipping to me now, arriving Monday (New Zealand time). Excited.

EDIT:
    Got my 64GB one yesterday, early impressions definitely wow. My HTC One arriving soon and will be really interesting to see how the build quality/material compare, because to date this is easily the most premium Android device I've owned.

Advertisement
    cturbos and PyroSporker like this.
  2. HDTVdevil

HDTVdevil Member

I am considering to order one myself if they don't show up soon in Europe.

Cheers

H.D
  3. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a side by side review of the Padfone Infinity and the HTC One
  4. cturbos

cturbos Member

congrats on your purchase,i have it too.We need root,what do you think?
  5. NZtechfreak

Will be coming up, I now have Xperia Z, One, Butterfly, S3, S4 and Infinity so lots of comparisons to come.

Indeed, I've not yet looked into Root and whether any of the existing exploits work.
    cturbos and PyroSporker like this.
  6. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

I look forward to it!

Off topic side question,
    May I be curious, which region is your Butterfly from? Any chance it was the China regional version that came with the HTC Mini?
  7. NZtechfreak

OT answer.

Mine is the X920d, not the same as the Chinese one.
    PyroSporker likes this.
  8. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

I'm interested in getting one here in the UK. Any recommended Ebay stores to get it from?

Also, does anyone know if the 'keyboard/case' combinations available for the Padfone 2 fit the Infinity? Seems they are almost identical in size according to the Asus website. There don't seem to be any specifically for the Infinity as yet.

Ta.

Dave
  9. cturbos

cturbos Member

Where are the developers?
  10. HDTVdevil

HDTVdevil Member

Limited availability ofvthe device limits whixh developers can root the device... i know one that wants to give it a go but until we can buy one, nothing to be done
  11. cturbos

cturbos Member

Please keep us posted.
    Thank you
  12. HDTVdevil

HDTVdevil Member

I need a new phone and I'm waiting until the beginning of june to buy a padfone. The Infinty if available in Europe by then or otherwise it will be the 2 model.
  13. NZtechfreak

I would hold out for the Infinity if you can, or just import it like I did.

Incidentally, got my Slimport adapter today, nicely implemented with the ability to choose your output resolution and FPS.
  14. HDTVdevil

HDTVdevil Member

But counting thr import duties and probably vat on top of the peice they ask on ebay, makes it more expensive than it should be.