Page only displays on half of my Hero screen

Last Updated:

1. spenspuma

spenspuma Well-Known Member

I have just joined the forum but for some reason now when I log on everything is crushed up against the right side of the screen and to the left half of the screen it blank with my Android or something in top left hand corner...its almost unusable, before o registered it was fine...HELP

Advertisement
  2. spenspuma

Anyone?
  3. spenspuma

What is 'my Android' on left of screen ?
  4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

It is a favorites feature ... most of us dont like it ...

But it should only be on the home screen now ... if you go to a particular forum it should NOT be there ....
  5. spenspuma

It's on every page....it scrunches up all the messages to the right of the screen making them very hard to read
  6. justjimjpc

Well it isnt for me ... what browser you using ... I am using Firefox
  7. tlbj6142

tlbj6142 Well-Known Member

8. spenspuma

On my phone.
  9. justjimjpc

I am using the stock browser on my phone and I am not seeing the problem.
  10. spenspuma

Yeah it doesn't happen when you go into a thread bit always happens on the menu and forum menus
  11. HER0

HER0 Active Member

When I view the website, I can see everything fine, but then when I log in to my account, suddenly the page is only viewable down the right half of my screen, both in portait and landscape modes.

It's especially annoying as I lose some abilities such as 'New thread'...

Any ideas?
  12. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member

yeah it sucks. the only way round it as far as i can see, is to just log out of the forums and browse. kinda stupid really, cos if you want to contribute, you have to log back in again!

SORT IT OUT PLEASE MODERATORS!
  13. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Moderators have no control over that. But, I'll remind Rob of the complaints and see what he wants to do.
  14. jimeller

yeah sorry, i meant admin of course. dont know what i was thinking...
  15. itsaddison

itsaddison Active Member

I'm having this problem as well. Logging in jacks up the mobile view. It disuades me from being a poster and makes me just want to lurk so the page looks better!
  16. itsaddison

itsaddison Active Member

Viewing these forums as a lurker was great. The mobile site was fast, and very usable. Once you log in though, you can only see half the screen on the Hero because the left side is some "My Android" feature that's completely whited out. It makes it much less enjoyable to use the website while logged in!

Any tips to get rid of this "My Android" sidebar in androidforums mobile?
  17. nathanotis

nathanotis Well-Known Member

I posted the same thing a couple days ago. It sounds like its being worked on, maybe... I sure hope so... that waste is so... wasteful.
  18. jimeller

its been mentioned by many people, myself included. its ridiculous that they haven't done anything about it yet. a mobile phone forum that can't be accessed on a mobile phone???? apparently its 2009.....
  19. Fake Name

Fake Name Well-Known Member

I had that problem with some apps I used, but what I did I went nto a landscape view and it fixed it self, after that IO never had a single problem with that
  20. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

Does someone mind taking a couple pictures or a video of the problem? I've been trying to duplicate the issue but can't - so I'm not sure what to fix?
  21. Phases

Try it now. May need to log off and back on.

Rob turned off the mobile version, should be full HTML now and not half mobile-half jacked. If still jacked, see his reply above this.
  22. Fake Name

Hey spenspuma, are you using the web browser that came with your phone or are you using some widget for web
  23. itsaddison

itsaddison Active Member

Does this mean there is no more mobile version of the site? I prefer using mobile. Thanks for your attention to this though guys.
  24. Phases

So is it fixed though then? At least, without mobile?
  25. Fake Name

I'm on the phone right now, try to put mobile version. And if anything goes weird I'll pm you or post here