Page Plus cellular service?General

Last Updated:

1. ills_nice

ills_nice New Member This Topic's Starter

I've looked around and haven't found a whole lot about Page Plus. But from what I can gather, they use the Verizon network, and you can use any (or most?) Verizon phone....like the Eris. And the reviews seem to be pretty positive...

Anyone have any experience with Page Plus?.....

...cause their plans are cheap....much cheaper than Verizon.

Thanks for any info!

Advertisement
  2. loveVII

loveVII Active Member

I'm typing this reply from my page plus eris..
    The plan is amazing since the eris is WiFi capable.
    Customer service is good.
    And yes it uses Verizon.
    I bought my phone on ebay and activated out of box...
    Be sure to call pp to activate

3. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

i used 110mb from 1/19 to 1/27 so i guess i cant use PP, would like too though

4. ills_nice

Yea, that's the thing....my wife is getting the Eris from Wirefly....but she just needs to check email every so often....

I'll probably return it, and then get her one from ebay and use Page Plus....just want to make sure it's gonna be smooth and all....

5. ills_nice

Thanks loveVII....seems like you are happy with it. Did you get the Talk and Text 1200 plan or the Unlimited?

The customer service was noted as being not so great....how has your experience been with customer service?

6. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I use far to many mb too ... I could probably cut down some (especially using WiFi where available, I just seldom check to see if its available), but I dont think I could cut down enough.

7. jpzsports

jpzsports Well-Known Member

I use an Eris on Page Plus and love it. I try to use wifi whenever possible so I don't use up my 50mb of data too quickly.

JennRN likes this.
  8. Kaz

Kaz New Member

Anyone else have any trouble getting data connection via page plus using an Eris? After setting up my service - and even after several attempts at various approaches to programming the phone manually- I haven't been able to connect to the internet using my page plus service. Phone service has been fine but unable to get any internet except wifi...

9. cryppie

cryppie Member

I've had an Eris on Page Plus for almost 2 weeks. The service is flawless, but the data restriction is a deal breaker. I use wifi most of the time, but when it wasn't available, I used the 20mb in about 3 hours. I would recommend the 1200/1200/50mb if you think you can stay under 1200.

JennRN likes this.
  10. gtpdjw

gtpdjw Well-Known Member

I have an Eris it's on Cricket Wireless $45 a month unlimited everything. It works very well.

11. jessizka1220

jessizka1220 New Member

Ive had the Eris for a little over a week and Have no problem with my Wi-Fi connecting, But After about 4 or 5 days I cant connect to mobile internet.I have MB left in my plan so im not sure why this isn't working? Is anybody else having this problem or any clues to fix this?? CS was crap.

12. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

*plus the $35/mo broadband card service?

13. 26.2

26.2 Member

I have had Page Plus service for quite a while. Best value in the wireless industry (formerly Tmobile, Verizon - many years, Cricket). I just activated my Eris two weeks ago - everything works upon activation with no problem. I purchased my Eris on Ebay NIB (as I have many previous phones). I previously had both HTC Touch and then an HTC Ozone. Both are windows devices. I like the Android platform much, much better. The only draw back on Page Plus is the data allowance. I am fortunate, as I have wifi at home, work, and numerous places I frequent. I keep the mobile data turned off and the wifi turned on. Any smartphone, especially an android, is going to utilize a lot of data. Be sure and monitor your usage. If you do not have access to wifi, I would advise not going with PP. PM me with any questions.

JennRN and sameer.x like this.
  14. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I thought pageplus put a stop on activating smartphones? The eris is sneaking through? I put my niece on it and she LOVES it using my old razr. no more counting minutes or txts. I'd use it but I can't imagine what my gig per month bill would be!

15. lemac

lemac New Member

Yeah page plus seems great until you have a problem and have nobody to assist you. Their customer service is awful. I switched back to Verizon after my experience with them. You get what you pay for.

16. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

yes their cs is horrible from what I've seen but the price can't be beat and the bring your own device is nice...if you are phone savvy then they are ok (other issues can happen that even the greatest phone hacker can'tfix) if you want stuff to "just work" not so much. I would never rely on them for business critical stuff but for my personal phone if my family plan didnt make it a wash anyway I would be on them in a flash.

17. 26.2

26.2 Member

Regarding customer service with PP, I honestly could not say. To date I have had four different phones on PP, one-after-another, and had no problem at all with - porting my number, activating my phone, everything with the phone working (all phones purchased and then resold on Ebay). However, it should be noted - throughout the years that I have used cell phones, I can not recall a single time that I called customer service for anything, other than a question regarding plan costs. Love the fact that PP does not charge any tax, extra fees, and you can buy prepaid minutes for PP at CallingMart for a 7 percent discount (if your smart enought to find discount codes).

18. emerica243

emerica243 Well-Known Member

Just wondering why everone is going with the ERIS?

The CDMA android phones i see are, Sprint Hero. ERis, moment, droid?

Why has everyone chosen the Eris?

19. jessizka1220

jessizka1220 New Member

My boyfriend has the Droid on PP and I was just too bulky for me. Its a GREAT phone I just wanted something smaller:)

20. emerica243

Alright, cool. Has anyone here successfully got the phone working within the last week? I want to switch from t-mobile but dont want to buy the eris, then not have it work on pp because they put a stop to smartphones like they did to palms.

21. jessizka1220

jessizka1220 New Member

I had a treo 700 for months and then decided to switch to the eris. I switched feb 19th to this phone and the only problem I have is connecting to web. I could for a about a week but now i can only connect over wifi but if one isnt available I cant connect. I do know the Motorola Droid connected fine though.

22. jessizka1220

jessizka1220 New Member

ps! as far as i know since the newer htc phones have mein numbers not esns they can be activated no problem!

23. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Newer blackberries are meid. It's not the type of number its whether the number is blacklisted in their db. Android phones must not be in there yet.

24. emerica243

So what happens to all these already activated eris users? Theyll be forced to get a new phone?

25. gtpdjw

gtpdjw Well-Known Member

Wrong, I dont pay $35 a month for broadband why would I say I pay $45 a month if it was really $80?