• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Paid Apps Hitting Android Market?

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
I got an email tip that Paid Android Apps were hitting the Android Market about 30 minutes ago. With my G1 in front of me I looked for myself… nothing. But it seemed blogs around the interwebz were reporting the same thing from readers writing in but the bloggers themselves? Nothing. I was lucky enough to [...]

More...

According to Android they were suppose to hit the market MID WEEK. It is late Thursday night and nothing yet.... Was getting a bit worried.

Nice to see some people might be getting. I did get an e-mail on Friday, (yes FRIDAY) of last week from someone stating they had "early" access from the store a liked one of my games.

So what you might be seeing is NOT an early roll out. Just some select "beta" user to test the systems?

That is what I would assume.

Upvote 0
For all those that SEE the Paid Apps.

What part of the World are you from and what type of Phone/service are you using?

Interesting to see who has and who doesn't.

Right now I am from the US (East Coast) and am using an Android Developer phone via WiFi and connect to APP market and do NOT see anything about Paid apps.

Upvote 0

What part of the World are you from and what type of Phone/service are you using?

Right now I am from the US (East Coast) and am using an Android Developer phone via WiFi and connect to APP market and do NOT see anything about Paid apps.

East Coast of the US using a retail G1 with T-Mobile. Paid apps are working.

Upvote 0

Lowest tip of Texas. Got paid apps last night. Retail rooted RC33 G-1. Using Edge and Wifi

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones