• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Paid apps on multiple phones linked to different gmail accounts?

blazeburn

Lurker
Aug 5, 2011
Hey guys, I have some questions that has been bugging me for a while and I am hoping that someone can answer them :)

So, I have two android phones, both having different numbers and different gmail accounts linked to them. I paid for some apps on phone 1 (gmail acct 1) and I did like phone 2 (gmail acct 2) to also have them. Is it possible to then link phone 2 with gmail acct 1 too and then get the paid app on it that way?

Also, upon linking up two accounts, I only want one of them to sync data with phone 2 so as to not get stuff from both phones mixing up. If the above mentioned way of getting the paid apps on both phones is possible, can I then subsequently prevent gmail acct 1 from syncing with phone 2 but yet still retain use of my paid apps?

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and answer!^^

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones