Paid Apps on refurbished phone

Last Updated:

1. gade500

gade500 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Hero that the loudspeaker is going out, Sprint tells me that they will replace my phone with a refurbished one. I have a few paid apps on it, will I be able to redownload them or will I have to pay for them again before I download them again.

Any help will be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

No your downloads are linked to your googlemail e-mail account you use on your phone. However refubished phones will come with the most recent ROM. this could cause problems. The reason for this is down to google, they need to sign new ROMS for the ROMS to be able to access copy protected apps, i'm on orange and have this particular problem and it is one i see on the forum regularly

3. JJHamster

JJHamster Member

I had a replacement phone delivered over the weekend (orange). Even after re setting up my google account there were no apps listed in my downloads.

4. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

That was HTC's customer service advice into a query of mines.

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Correct, it doesnt keep a backup of your market history and downloaded apps. You have to remember these yourself. (I mean do a backup, then use this backup to reload the apps).

BUT, the apps you paid for previously you CAN re-download again without being charged twice, as long as you are using the same gmail account. Just search the market for the app, and download it.

6. peterb23

peterb23 Well-Known Member

If you're unsure which apps you have bought you can log into your google checkout account to see a list of purchases.

7. gade500

gade500 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks everyone. Whats the best way to back my phone up?