1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Paid Apps??

Last Updated:

1. Moxymo69

Moxymo69 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So i keep reading that paid apps are out on the market, so i check, and guess what, nothing. So does anyone know when these apps will actually start to launch. I dont know about you guys but im pretty excited about this, finally we'll be getting some really decent apps that can contend with the Ibitch.

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

All the press is that google is accepting applications from developers to be able to post there apps to the Market ...

When the Market will actually have any is still a bit of a guess ????

I also think another OTA update may be required if it was not within the RC33 update ...

3. benmarvin

benmarvin Well-Known Member

Google started accepting submissions last week and the word is they should start appearing in the market sometime this week.

4. justjimjpc

Here is the Letter sent out from Google to Developers ...

Hello,

I'm writing to let you know about a couple of updates to Android Market.

I'm pleased to announce that Android Market is now accepting priced applications from US and UK developers. Developers from these countries can go to the publisher website at http://market.android.com/publish to upload their application(s) along with end user pricing for the apps. Initially, priced applications will be available to end users in the US starting mid next week. We will add end user support for additional
    countries in the coming months.

We will also enable developers in Germany, Austria, Netherlands, France, and Spain to offer priced applications later this quarter. By the end of Q1 2009, we will announce support for developers in additional countries. You can find more information about priced applications in Android Market at http://market.android.com/support/

Google Checkout will serve as the payment and billing mechanism for Android Market. Developers who do not already have a Google Checkout merchant account can easily sign up for one via the publisher website.

Furthermore, I would like to let you know that Android Market for free applications will become available to users in Australia starting February 15th Pacific Time and in Singapore in the coming weeks. You can now make your applications available in these countries via the publisher website at http://market.android.com/publish.

Finally, if you would like to receive development and marketing information, please go to your profile page at http://market.android.com/publish/editProfile and select the "Contact me occasionally about development and Market opportunities" checkbox.

We look forward to seeing your applications on Android Market.

Eric Chu,
    Android Market

Google, Inc.
    1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
    Mountain View, CA 94043​

5. froogloid

froogloid Member

The official developer letter from google says mid this week.... my money is on tomorrow! We shall see :)

6. justjimjpc

That has been a good guess ... But I am not sure we have the code on our phones yet ... or if it was in RC33 ... ??

7. froogloid

froogloid Member

Yes, the most recent update received from TMO included support for google market. You'll have an account to pay for apps though...which is easy to set up.

8. justjimjpc

to bad they didnt use PayPal ... but quess that would have been an additional step for google to get their cut ...

9. AndroidUserG1

AndroidUserG1 New Member

I would bet the paid app store opens in the next 12 hours. There's currently the MWC 2009 going on and someone from google is slated to speak shortly. Cross your fingers!

10. dajobo

dajobo Well-Known Member

Still waiting... I am excited to get paid apps, cause as we've seen with the iphone, paid apps = quality apps. Dammitt!!! The anticipation... Paid apps to me are going to be like crack to other people.