Paid for an App, but cant find in Market anymoreSupport

Last Updated:

1. what29

what29 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I paid for Mobile Package Tracker in the market a couple weeks ago. Today it tells me i need to update to the newest version, which is great but i can not find it in the market anymore. Is this another issue of some peoples phones showing apps in the market that others dont see. If so, why cant i find an app i PAID for and is there a work around. Thanx in advance

Advertisement
  2. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

Goto the downloads tab in the Market app and it should say its available. Just click on it.
    It should take you right to the page without you having to search.

3. what29

Nope, its not in my "downloads" tab thats why when i opened the app this moring and it said there was an update, it surprised me because i check for new updates a few times a day in the market This is the first time this has happened and it sucks because i paid for the app and the old version wont work anymore, it just keeps telling me i need to update

4. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

What region/country/operator are you in?

Sounds like its not available in your region anymore, or you're region change since you installed it.

Its an anoying thing about the market

5. what29

i am in the USA, i have not personally changed the region, at least not knowingly. is there a way for me to check, or change it back if it somehow did get changed

6. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Hmm thats really odd then! The market looks at your firmware and sim MCC/MNC (network the sim is from) to figure out which region you're in.

So if you switch sims when you go abroad etc this sometimes happens. Did this happen since the nexus update?

I just checked on my phone (UK) and I can see it. Are you rooted? If so you can wipe your market cache to try and fix it.

7. what29

This has happened just since i updated to the leaked 2.1 update 1. i updated my radio nd firmware i dm still new to android, coming from iphone. i am rooted but how can i wipe the market cache?

8. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

That's because protected apps dont work with the ERE36B update according to XDA devs.

9. what29

Ok thanx, i guess i will have to wait for the official release of update 1, no big deal

10. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Good luck with that, it's likely any upgrade will be from ERE27 => whatever, screwing over non-unlocked bootloader ERE36B users.

11. knux11

knux11 New Member

me too. i'm having the same prob with the same app. a paid app at that. but i have a stock nexus one, not rooted or nothing, never been out of the country. just can't find the app on the market and i can't view shipping statuses b/c it just says i need to update. wtf?

It's not cuz you're rooted.

12. what29

13. knux11

knux11 New Member

after emailing the guy i got it to work. turns out i couldnt find it with wifi only, had to turn my cell radio on.