• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Paid for Applications - Essentials

Hi Guys

This post has been prompted by me being caught out by the Foreign Exchange charges charged by some banks to buy apps off the Android Marketplace. I want to see which paid apps we think are worth the dolla!

The Question is simple "If you could only Buy 5 apps for your Android phone, including those free apps that you can make ad free / unlock functionality, what would they be?"

I'll only give one, as i don't want to skew the results but i think Titanium Backup is worth buying if only for the fast backup and restore that is not available in the free version.

I await your replies excitedly!

:p :p

EDIT_
Thanks for all your replies, encourage others to post. If the apps are for rooted phones only please add (rooted) to the title

EDIT2: Apps bought that agree with or are due to your recommendations

1. Tasker
2. Launcher Pro
3. Beautiful Widgets
4. Widgetlocker
5. Slideit

Reactions: VA1N
The main app that I bought and love is ADWLauncher EX. A couple others that I picked up and love are:

Beautiful Widgets - nice looking widgets for home screen.
Reddit is fun - browse news agg site reddit. paid version gives widgets
Dolphin HD browser - this is free, but you can upgrade to premium to support dev and get additional features. I highly recoomend!

Reactions: brad-short
Upvote 0
Numero Uno no doubt: 1. LauncherPro Plus: Pay for the Plus version, it's well, WELL worth it.
2: Tasker: A million customizable apps all in one. Everyone (aside from yourself) will be oooed and ahhhhed at the brilliance of your phone. Your wife will look at you like you're a big nerd/geek, but who gives a crap? Your phone can now do any task just by rotating your phone in any given motion (set by you) if you so choose.
3: SlideIt: I've been back and forth between SlideIt and Swype and right now I'm set on SlideIt, which I paid for even though I already had Swype for free.
3. QuickSettings: Makes it so easy to switch between functions that are otherwise much more buried within the menus of the phone.
4. FlashLight: For such a simple app, it gets used a lot by me. I wake up and leave before my wife so I use it every morning to navigate our bedroom without waking her up, and not step on the giant dogs sprawled about.
5. Ebay: Yeah, I buy a bunch of crap I probably don't need but I "save" a load of cash doing it.

Reactions: brad-short
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones