1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Paid version of Angry Birds

Last Updated:

1. VerizonLover

VerizonLover Member This Topic's Starter

Where is the paid version of Angry Birds? I can't find it on the market...

I hate ads. I'm talking about the version without ads.

Advertisement
  2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

There is no paid version for Android.

3. WhizGidget

WhizGidget Well-Known Member

Yet. Rovio said with the initial release that there will be on eventually that will get rid of the ads.

4. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Rovio is losing a lot of interest in this game and.................FAST!

5. A.Nonymous

Umm, they just released an update with 45 levels on it and they're now putting out plush toys. How does that qualify as "losing a lot of interest"?

Chris333 likes this.
  6. philly0128

philly0128 Well-Known Member

lol, I was thinking the same thing. because putting out an update, creating the plush pillow, having angry birds game day on 50 inch plasma and putting out a halloween version for Iphone, If that's losing interest I would love to see them lose more interest ASAP:)

for those that HATE the ads, simple thing is to get ROOT and then get adfree. I don't see ads on AB.

7. A.Nonymous

If you root you can also install Droidwall and block Internet access for the app. Just saying.

8. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

I've contacted them several times in the past requesting a paid version, just to get rid of the horrendous ads. I was told they are working on it, but with no ETA.

To be frank the ads weren't nearly as bothersome before as they are now. Is it just me, or have they repositioned the ads in the top-right hand corner of the screen?! I can't tell you how much trouble I am having on most of the new levels because of its positioning, especially when attempting to use the "boomerang" birds.

Also, does anyone know the list for acquiring golden eggs for the new levels?

9. nofrills

nofrills Member

As much as I like the new levels, the new ad placement sucks.
    They also bog my phone down more than the older version, AND are on screen longer, so waiting till they disappear seems like an eternity!
    HTC Legend btw..

10. diS

diS Well-Known Member

They said that if Angry Birds got downloaded about 10 million times they would release a paid ad free version.

11. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

at 10m downloads they will release a paid version

12. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

What? 10 million downloads before they will grace us Android gamers with a paid version? That's Rovio's prerogative, I suppose. All I know is that I will not download any ad-supported game. I don't care how awesome it is. For me, it's a matter of principle. I can't speak for other countries but in America, we are bombarded with ads on a daily basis. It is a fact of life (especially in urban settings like Washington, D.C.). The last place I wanna see an ad is on my phone games. As soon as Rovio releases a paid version, I'll buy it. Until then, I'll pass on the Angry Birds phenomenon...

Based on some of the comments in the Market, I'm not alone.

13. DenverRalphy

DenverRalphy Well-Known Member

If you don't like the ads, just put your phone in airplane mode before starting the game. Voila, no ads.

14. Jason71

Jason71 Well-Known Member

I think he means Rovio is loosing the interest of people in the game i.e. people are loosing interest in playing it because of the ads?

15. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Sure, this is a simple "solution" to the "problem" but I am not going to disable my phone just to avoid seeing ads in a phone game. What if someone needs to contact me? "Oh, sorry I missed your call (boss, client, coworker, family member), I was playing Angry Birds."

Please don't take this the wrong way, but airplane mode isn't really a viable solution at all. No, the most palatable solution is for Rovio to develop and release a paid version for Android, so that people like me (who can't STAND ads) can enjoy the game ad-free without having to root, or disable the radios in our phones. I don't think that is an unreasonable request. If Rovio makes a paid (ad-free) version, then I'll buy it. Until then? I'll pass.

To the OP: I feel ya bro!

16. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

Or, switch to a different platform...

Google's drive is not to develop software. Its to develop ad revenue. Always has been, and they don't try to hide that fact. It is, after all, the best way they can deliver their mission of "the internet for free".

If your personal belief system is that anti-ad, you're probably using the wrong kind of smartphone platform.

17. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Excellent point. Google Android is, at its core, an ad delivery system. I don't think Google cares either way whether apps are paid or ad-supported. Google makes money either way. So I think it is safe to assume that Rovio is under no pressure from Google to develop an ad-free game, especially since both Google and Rovio can make money off of "accidental" ad clicks (hence, an update with ads obstructing the playing field).

I admit that I sometimes lose sight of these facts. Even though I hate ads, Google Android is an ad delivery system dressed up as a smartphone OS. Gotta take the good with the bad, I suppose. Nevertheless, I would still prefer a paid version of Angry Birds. Not holding my breath though...

18. A.Nonymous

This is a good point. I've heard that statistically, Android has more free apps than any other platform. The reason for this is that the majority of those free apps are ad supported. It's Google's system.

19. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

If you're rooted, adfree will solve the problem. I'm not abhorrent to ads being displayed on my phone and avoided adfree for a while... until the last AB update. The best immediate solution would be for Rovio to move the ads back to where they were.