Paired but not connected

Last Updated:

1. thedavegray

thedavegray Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    According to my HTC Desire, it's paired with my Nexxus (DrivesleekPro) hands free kit but not connected. When I make a call or have an incoming call the hands-free is ignored and the handset takes over. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
    Dave

Advertisement
  2. Good Old Bakes

Good Old Bakes Well-Known Member

Press where it says 'Paired but not connected' when you are within range of your hands-free device and it will connect and should read 'connected'. see if your device has an option to auto connect. I use a Venturi Mini and that connects as soon as I turn the engine on. Obviously you have to leave bluetooth switched on in your phone. :)

thedavegray likes this.
  3. thedavegray

thedavegray Member This Topic's Starter

Does not work with either the Nexxus or my Nokia phone. If I click and hold on the nexxus icon on the phone I have the chance to connect but after that it still says "Paired bu not connected", selecting the nokia just gives me the option to unpair :(

4. APK

APK Active Member

I have this issue with mine, at home/office I use a headset, and bluetooth hands free in the car, but connection is hit and miss, apparently this is something to do with wifi being turned on, turn it off and it seems more reliable.
    It seems the more complex a phone is, the less it is able to do!

5. patpending

patpending Well-Known Member

Hi Dave,

I work in a T-Store, and see this issue regularly with all sorts of phones.

As far as we can tell, the pairing issue comes from different bluetooth versions in phones - Desire running V2.1. Most vehicle in-car systems (even ones produced in 2010) run the old 1.2 version. Just means that the phones and in-car systems will recognise each other, but not necessarily pair.

Hope this maybe sheds some light on your issues!

Cheers,
    Dave.

thedavegray likes this.
  6. charlies99

charlies99 Well-Known Member

I had this issue connecting a desire to a desire. What you need to do is instigate a transfer ie send a photo by bluetooth. Choose the device to send it to and other side has to accept transfer (pops up in notification area to accept or not). You are then connected and everything works (or did for me)

thedavegray likes this.