Pairing Incredible with a GPS?General

Last Updated:

1. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know this might be a tough question to answer, but I thought I would throw it out there anyways. I know the Incredible has built in GPS software, but I have a pretty new Motorola GPS that I prefer using on longer trips.

The model number is Motorola Motonav TN765t and it just came out brand new on March 1st. In order to use what they call MotoExtras, you have to have the GPS paired with the Bluetooth on your phone. These "extras" are stuff like gas prices, Google Local Search, etc. It basically makes a short phone call through your phone using Bluetooth to pull the data.

Anyhow, I can't get the Incredible to pair with this GPS. I was able to pair my LG enV Touch with no problems. Is there something I am doing wrong or is it possible that this phone is too new for the GPS to recognize without some sort of update?

It's funny because the Incredible will scan and find the GPS. It comes up as "Motorola TN700". Then a couple of times my GPS gave me a notification that a phone was trying to pair with it and to enter pass key 0000. So I enter that pass key on the Incredible and it says "Pairing". But it just hangs there and never connects to the GPS.

Any ideas? Thanks!

P.S. I know that my Incredible can probably do everything that the GPS does, but I just want it to work. I prefer using it on longer trips like I said earlier and I just want to be able to make calls through it as well while driving.

Advertisement
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

That GPS is freaking SWEEET, but since it won't work with your Inc, wanna sell me it?

As to why it won't work I'm guessing Android doesn't have the proper bluetooth stack for it most likely. If you know someone else with a Android phone I would try it and see what happens or just go to VZW and try a Droid and Eris.

WizeGuyDezignz likes this.
  3. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, the GPS is AWESOME!! Best I have ever owned. I don't think it's an Android problem because the Motorola Droid definitely pairs with it. Motorola has a web page dedicated to connecting the two. Since both are Motorola products I would hope that they play nice together!

Anyhow, with that being said, it must be an Incredible issue? It's funny though because like I said, the Incredible recognizes the GPS with its correct model number and everything.

Any other ideas? Thanks!

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Well being that they are both Moto products they might have made sure it would work. Try a Eris or anything not made by Moto if you can.