palm docs and gmail attachments

Last Updated:

1. emmalahenry

emmalahenry New Member This Topic's Starter

I have many palm ebooks on my old desttop. I have downloaded the palm doc reader (yay!) I attached them and sent them to my gmail. gmail wont even allow me to click on the attachments in gmail. So I went through the browser to my other email account, I try to download it, but it is unsuccessful. I tried apkatcher and blackmoon. no success. I really want to be able to read my books (I have TONS). Can anyone help me?

Advertisement
  2. emmalahenry

any ideas?

3. jgreetham

jgreetham Well-Known Member

You'll have to check around for a e reader for palm docs. I'm a Palm T|X user. I've been playing with the Calibre s/w to convert to ePub format which is supported by most new e readers. One trick I've found in doing the conversion is to save the palm doc to a text file then convert that to M$ Word. Then set text styles like Header 1 for the book title, Header 2 for author, etc. Then Title 1, Title 2, etc. for the section & chapter text. I restrict myself to a maximum of 3 levels in either case. Then you can generate a Table Of Contents. Then import the doc into the Calibre converter, convert to ePub and save to disk. Then just copy the ePub files to your SD card. No need to email them anywhere. Calibre has a good tutorial also and it's free.

Cheers,
    Jim

emmalahenry likes this.
  4. emmalahenry

I did the click and drag, but still cant access the files...how to do that?

5. jgreetham

jgreetham Well-Known Member

@emmalahenry,

What did you click & drag? From where to where?

Sorry I haven't replied in a couple days.

Jim