• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Palm file transfer

Stan

Lurker
Nov 15, 2009
I am trying to move files from my Palm TX into Droid. The instructions I see call for downloading csv or V card files. My contacts are in .aba form; my calendar is in .dba files; my memos are in .mpa files. How do I get these into the Droid? Do I have to convert the files first?

I paid GooSync so I could upload my stuff to google. ToDo, contacts, and Calendar uploaded. I only got Calendar and Contacts to sync nicely.

They don't ship a ToDo app, but Astrid seems close to a Palm ToDo. But it only syncs with Remember The Milk (Which can sync to google too).

Biggest problem using GooSync was the $40 bill for 2 MB data usage on the palm (no data plan normally). That and I had to rework a lot of contacts in google contacts.

EDIT: BTW, Calendar on Droid stinks. Usable, but stinky. Tiny fonts with giant slots so you only see like 4 hours when they could show you the whole day. And no "day starts" time, so you often see the always popular 3 AM to 7 AM slots. Month view is useless and cannot navigate to next months. Hopefully they fix it or someone provides a decent google compatible calendar app.

Upvote 0
The Palm Desktop will export vcards that will slide perfectly into gmail contact. Once on google they will push to the phone.

I used dba2csv to move my hugh calendar to google calendars as well.. UNlike the Palm my droid only seem to go forward really well... I always kept a past year on my palm to refer to often. The past can only be found on the Google calendar...

Also a new must have app for me is Aurora... I have it set up on seach my calendar and it WORKS.... it does not show the dates but will show the string of events that you can task switch back and forth with.

So far this is the ONly calendar search function that I have found... it will search EVERYTHING... but what I need is calendar searching.

I paid GooSync so I could upload my stuff to google. ToDo, contacts, and Calendar uploaded. I only got Calendar and Contacts to sync nicely.

They don't ship a ToDo app, but Astrid seems close to a Palm ToDo. But it only syncs with Remember The Milk (Which can sync to google too).

Biggest problem using GooSync was the $40 bill for 2 MB data usage on the palm (no data plan normally). That and I had to rework a lot of contacts in google contacts.

EDIT: BTW, Calendar on Droid stinks. Usable, but stinky. Tiny fonts with giant slots so you only see like 4 hours when they could show you the whole day. And no "day starts" time, so you often see the always popular 3 AM to 7 AM slots. Month view is useless and cannot navigate to next months. Hopefully they fix it or someone provides a decent google compatible calendar app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones