pandahome/home for eris?General

Last Updated:

1. joejoejoemoe

joejoejoemoe New Member This Topic's Starter

anyone use pandahome for the htc eris? i found it in the app shop and was wondering what you guys thought about it? If there is another out there that you think is better?

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

there are a bunch but i like sense the best.

3. nessbuilder

nessbuilder Active Member

I tried Panda home but didn't like it because your HTC widgets dont work with it.

4. andrew8806

andrew8806 Well-Known Member

Honestly... I like the Vanilla Android Sense.... I dont mind the 3 screens... i do miss the toggle switches....but its faster and more responsive for me

5. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

I used Panda Home for a few weeks. It's VERY customizable.
    You can change how many Screens you have on your phone.
    Add slide out menus to add short cut apps or anything you want in the slides.
    Change the icons or change to an entirely new Theme for your phone. Which is cool.

I enjoyed it a lot. But like the comments above, not being able to use the HTC Widgets wasn't a big deal, but I did use them. Also the SENSE isn't useable. But not a big deal either. Not much to it, everything else using SENSE is left on the phone except for the home screen.

Panda Home is free at the moment, so all I can say is try it out and see how it works for you.

6. eurotrash323

eurotrash323 Well-Known Member

I totally agree......I've been vanilla for about three weeks now and really like it much better. But I'm a "clean" desktop kinda guy anyway and I have only four or five icons on each of the three screens. Using AppOrganizer and Bettercut to tweek my icons and clean it up. I say performance is slightly better, but when using Sense I didn't have many widgets running.
    I do miss the togle switches though, mainly the mobile on/off.

7. adrenalinerush12

adrenalinerush12 Well-Known Member

I turned Sense off almost right when I got the phone. Vanilla seems a lot smoother for me, no lag whatsoever. And as for the switches, it's just as easy to just go into menu, settings to me. And mobile on and off, I just hold down the red button and select connect to the internet on/off.

8. andrew8806

andrew8806 Well-Known Member

Yeah... im waiting for someone to make the quick toggle app kinda like the DROID has... its 1 widget.. with all the toggles... Im wondering whats taking them sooooo long... Hell... 2.x will be here before then :p