Pandigital Andiod Dowload Help!Support

Last Updated:

1. Richa70

Richa70 New Member

I am trying to do the Android open platform kit . Can you explain word by word please .

Advertisement
  2. nmer007

nmer007 New Member

I get this large error window that pops up when I try to use the firmware updater. When it's trying to verify the Pandigital Novel Model and Serial Number it says

Error while reading Pandigital Novel information.
    Error message: Could not load file or assembly

publickeytoken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. the system cannot find the file specified.
    Error defails: system.io.filenotfoundexception:
    file name: 'system.servicemodel.web, version=4.0.0.0, culture=neutral,
    publickeytoken=31bf3856ad364e35'
    at novel.upgrade.panhubrdsclient.getchannel()
    at novel.upgrade.panhubrdsclient.getskulist(string testkey)
    at novel.upgrade.formsn.loadskuname()
    at novel.upgrade.formsn.formsn_load(object sender, eventargs e)

Please help
  3. KeithT

KeithT Member

4. cisherwood

cisherwood New Member

I am having the same issue. Trying to update firmware to Canadian version. Please help.
  5. cisherwood

cisherwood New Member

updated .NET Framework to 4.0 available on bottom of Firmware update page; problem solved :)
    lovetoread likes this.
  6. lovetoread

lovetoread New Member

Good morning! I scoured this site last night to find out why I couldn't update my BPDN with the android app and found this. Thank you! It seems it downloaded but it doesn't update on my pdn when I turn on as instructed, +volume & power...any suggestions? I did reset back to factory after finding another post but still no luck.
  7. MsJ15x

MsJ15x New Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Its May 31st 2012 and this method still works// I updated .net framework and the error went away!! I just got the tablet last night and searched EVERYWHERE!! for the answer.....(you all know the feeling)/// surprisingly this was the last option I tried, stupid me, lol..........but I did it and am currently updated!! Thanks....
  8. starfish14

starfish14 New Member

Hi!
    I'm very very new to the android system and got a Pandigital Novel 7" (RR7T20WBL1).
    I have been experiencing wifi issue since I received it and I thought I could try to update the system and it might solve the problem. (Hoping it's a software problem, not a hardware)..
    I came across the same issue as nmer007 (that's how I ended up here :)) and after I tried what KeithT suggested, it allowed me to get past the second stage.. (So, THANKS! :)
    But then it gave me another error: (as you can see on the pic)

[​IMG]

Does someone understand what it is and have something to suggest for this problem?

Thanks
  9. gspnaz

gspnaz New Member

I am having the same problem as Starfish14. I would really like to get my Pandigital Novel device upgraded. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have Windows 8 Pro with .net framework v4.0 installed.
  10. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

Have you tried running the PC updater software linked here?
    http://www.pandigital.net/ANDROID

If so, are you still receiving the same error? This is for US ereader 7" color only.