Pandora and lag...

Last Updated:

1. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

anyone else experiencing horrible lag when trying to use Pandora and multitasking?

Advertisement
  2. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

Prior to overclocking, yes I did. After overclocking, good to go. I even streamed Pandora while playing Angry Birds the other day. The only lag I had was a slight stutter right at the beginning of the level because of the add that loads. Smooth sailing after that.

3. oOMavrikOo

that's funny, I never had lag until I started overclocking. I used Pandora for the first time today since I set up my profiles on setcpu and it took forever just to scroll across my home screens. does this mean my phone can't handle overclocking?

4. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

What setcpu profile are u using. Smartass has been a known cause of Pandora. Lag.
    What is your top and bottom. Oc and what rom

5. oOMavrikOo

ummm...what is smartass?

I'm running cm6.1 rc1 stable with decadence stable uncapped kernel 13. my oc profiles are...

768 - 480, interactive, screen on

691 - 245, conservative, temp > 44.3 C

691 - 245, powersave, battery < 30%

480 - 245, ondemand, screen off

691 - 245, interactive, charging/full (I stop at 691 because I don't want the battery to get too hot when it's charging)

they are in that order for priority. except for the first one. its the general setup on the main screen. so, what am I doing wrong?

6. MahaloCat

Wow u have a lot there. I usually have one or two.
    is the kernal stable

Is your Pandora issue with screen off?

7. MahaloCat

AAlso.
    .do you have cachemate... if not download from market. And clean up it cache

8. oOMavrikOo

yeah my kernel is stable. and I use cache cleaner for rooted phones from the market. I did have only one profile for oc, but then I noticed my phone getting really hot the other day, so I added the batt temp profile...etc. I'm only getting the lag when I'm using Pandora and try to do anything else while playing music. the app itself works great. in fact, it works ten times better after flashing cm6. but ever since I started oc-ing...lag lag lag.
    I tried rebooting to no avail. any suggestions? should I uninstall setcpu and try regular speeds? that would defeat the purpose of me rooting though. I like oc-ing. but I like Pandora. oh what to do what to do?

9. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

Just to throw it out there, I run the UncappedKernel @ 691 w/ no set cpu or OC widget. I just let the kernel do it's thing and it works great. Oh, and I'm not on CM6. I run an old 2.1 almost stock ROM from Damageless.