Pandora crashing on wifi

Last Updated:

1. myersn024

myersn024 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

While I'm at work, I like to listen to Pandora radio. However, with my Evo connected to the wifi network, Pandora will work for a while and then crash. When the crash happens, there's nothing I can do to get Pandora working again without rebooting the phone. I've tried killing the process from inside a terminal emulator and also from the Settings->Applications->Pandora->Force Quit, neither of which has worked. As long as I use 3G, it works fine. Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. nefas

nefas New Member

I'm seeing the same problem. I haven't narrowed it down b/w wifi and 3G, but Pandora crashes the whole OS, requiring a reboot. Like the OP, I tried terminal kill and settings->Force Close.

3. exoticalex

exoticalex New Member

Same issue here.

4. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

Yes something is breaking the connection between the two. Almost like the phone is timing out..

5. Sopharus

Sopharus New Member

I had this same problem, which I fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling Pandora. Not sure what happened but that seems to have fixed it for me. Before that, the only solution for me was to force quit, then go back into the app (which didn't force quit), pull up the menu and quit from there.

6. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

Did you guys get the new update that came out today for Pandora??

7. chriskickero

chriskickero Member

I had similar problems and opened up the Market to see if there was an update to Pandora and sure enough there was. Had it playing for an hour after update and worked as intended with no hiccups. Tried to make it crash by switching in and out of it and no force closes. Hopefully the update is what fixed it.

8. myersn024

myersn024 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sweet, I'm going to go download it right now. I'll let everyone know if it works for me.