Pandora in the carSupport

1. idealny

idealny New Member

I have the HTD Droid incredible. Whenever i plug my phone into my car (which is a lexus is 250 2008) through the auxiliary jack, voice dial comes on and starts going crazy when i start up pandora. It will start skipping tracks and sometimes calling the last person on my redial list. It also does this with slacker. I tried going to manage apps and turning off voice dial and it still comes back on. I didn't have this issue in my friends car and a verizon tech told me that maybe my car is trying to read my phone when i hook it up through the jack. I want to know if anybody else had this issue and if so what is the solution.

Advertisement
  2. funkbass4

funkbass4 New Member

idealny likes this.
  3. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

Firstly, if you are running through the 3.5mm jack, the problem is definitely NOT that your car is trying to read data off your phone.

Other people have posted the same problem description and have determined the problem to be the HTC headphone jack is internally misaligned on some phones. The software program you mentioned is a workaround for what is essentially a manufacturing defect.

Other people have fixed the issue by using different aux cables.

Good Luck,
    Mike
    idealny likes this.
  4. idealny

idealny New Member

thanks for the reply. I'm gonna try both fixes
  5. Mefesto44

Mefesto44 Member

My phone did this briefly... I just learned to plug the phone in to my Aux cable and then turn the screen off before placing it in the cupholder or car carrier. After that I can power the screen back on and select whatever music or NAV I need without issues.