1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Pandora issue? Very frustrating!

Last Updated:

1. Jeff Watts

Jeff Watts Member This Topic's Starter

My X works great with headphones, but I tried to use it in the truck, with a jumper to the stereo, and it wouldn't play through the stereo, just the phone speaker. The jumper has a 3.5mm plug on each end. I use it with my lap top all the time.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Jeff Watts

Anyone?

3. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

No idea why it wouldn't work unless the cable is bad. I use one of those with my X every time I am in my wife's car and it works fine (I stream over bluetooth in mine)

4. Jeff Watts

The cable works fine from my laptop to the stereo. I'm frustrated.:mad:

5. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Maybe the aux jack you're plugging it into in your truck is faulty? Does anything else work when plugged into it?

6. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

In the IT world, as well as in the Audio world, there's a simply rule of thumb. "95% of the time, it's the cable!"

In this case, the cable works on your laptop, but not in your truck.

Here's the steps I would take to diagnose:
    • Try a different cable. Result?
    • Using another device (mp3 player or laptop) with a 3.5mm port, plug that cable into the new device and into your truck. Result?
    • With that cable plugged into your truck (only), turn the volume up and touch the open end of the other side of that cable. You should hear a varying HUM in your truck's speakers.
    • Keep in mind that not all 3.5mm connectors are created equally. Some plugs and jacks just don't "mate" well. Sometimes there's some plastic that gets in the way of a plug going in all of the way. This is why even a good cable may not work in certain instances.

HTH

7. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Now that's odd. If the cable is properly inserted into your device it should silence the device's speaker regardless of whether anything is even connected on the other end...

Are you using a car dock or something that is preventing proper insertion of the cable while in your truck?

8. Psyclone

Psyclone Well-Known Member

Joe is spot on here. I am willing to bet that it's something of the contour of the droidx case(I'm not familiar with it's physical characteristics) that's preventing the cable from seating properly enough to tell the phone that a cable's plugged in. The symptoms you describe indicate exactly that.

9. Jeff Watts

Somehow, its working fine now. Must be the loose nut behind the wheel. Thanks for the help!!!