• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pandora Issues for DX2?

yes, everyone that is on 2.3.4 has the same firmware number.

Not true actually. this may be the case at the moment for this device since Google's 2.3.4 release is so new to the market, but OEMs continually update their firmware, even for the same basic OS verstion. Not all of these fix releases, tweaking various aspects of the device they might have gottent wrong in their rush to market, make it to the street but some do.

If you are on the same firmware and we are running the same Pandora version I am not sure why our experiece is so different.

Upvote 0
Since some people had reported that Pandora 1.5.13 worked OK for them on 3G on the X2, I tried one more time... I upgraded my old version of Pandora 1.5.12 (which works fine on 3G) and upgraded to Pandora 1.5.13 (the current version). The new version of Pandora would not work on 3G (only plays ads, no music). It still works OK on WiFi. I then re-installed my older 1.5.12 version of Pandora from an apk and 3G music worked again. I guess we just have to use an old version until Pandora fixes this.

- Howard

Upvote 0
Upgraded to X2 about a month ago... now Pandora only works over WiFi. When on 3G... goes from Loading 1% to just loading and sits there. If you leave it alone, it will play an ad about every 5 min or so... but no music at all.

Everyone says this is a Droid X2 issue, but Netflix and Spotify work great on this device.

So frustrating.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem after the most recent Pandora upgrade to 1.5.14. On 3G my Droid X would rebuffer every 60 seconds and start a new song. I did a Google search and came across apktop.com which offered the old version 1.5.12 which I downloaded and scanned for virus with lookout. The rebuffer problem is gone and Pandora is now back to normal.

Upvote 0
The more I use the Pandora App on my DX2 the worse it works. It ends songs in the middle of play and goes to the next song or to the ads. Now even worse if I listen for more than 30 minutes or so, it starts sounding like a record being played at half speed.

Makes me sad. Pandora is one of my top 5 favorite apps.

Anyone else getting these issues?

I became a member just so I can share my situation/fix with the community. Hope I did it right...

I recieved my first Motorola x2 today, it was an insurance replacement/upgrade from my handset insurance company asurion. I never had music streaming issues with my DROID 1 but when I received the x2 I experienced the same situation as many others. Pandora and "slacker radio" would play a song or two but afterwards skip through songs around halfway through. It was frustrating for me too. My x2 was stock out of box with a dual core processor and seemed to have enough speed but lacked where I cared most... pandora. Id understand that since slacker came with the phone, one would assume it was designed to be more.stable with it than pandora but that wasn't the.case for me. Both programs stuttered, popped, and skipped past songs iI wanted to listen to. I tried unistalling the appear to reinstall them through the market that didn't help, tried installing earlier versions of pand it did the same thing. Stuttered popped and skipped through the.songs. I even tried uninstalling slacker and pandora turning off the phone, taking out the battery, putting back in the supplied sd card (which in some android forum threads suggest runs faster than the 16phone gig I had in my DROID 1, and with the battery out : holding the power button down for 30me seconds to drain the capacitor to release any built up static that may have accrued during transit/delivery, and before reinstalling pandora or slacker - clearing my cache to prepare for the fresh installs. None of these worked for m. BUT what did work for me was downloading to most recent system update followed immediately by a master system reset. Don't install the update just download. The x2 will install your system update by default during the system master reset and should fix the problem. It did for me. Good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones