• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root pandora/JIT unstable w/ xtr 4.6 ?

thrawn86

Android Enthusiast
Aug 3, 2010
Miranda
I'm getting some major fc/phone reboot Issues with Pandora (1.51 I think) and xtr 4.6. JIT on/off doesn't seem to matter.

I've already wiped and reloaded (yes, cleared dalvik too) and I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues with pandora/xtr 4.6 specifically or if this may be due to the newer version of pandora.

Did you try setting the VM heap size to 48 MB? (It's one of the gscripts.) Turning on JIT does that automatically, but it may be worth a try. For some reason I recall reading somewhere that this helps with Pandora.

I suppose I'd also try uninstalling Pandora and then reinstalling, just to see if that helps.

Reactions: thrawn86
Upvote 0
Did you try setting the VM heap size to 48 MB? (It's one of the gscripts.) Turning on JIT does that automatically, but it may be worth a try. For some reason I recall reading somewhere that this helps with Pandora.

I suppose I'd also try uninstalling Pandora and then reinstalling, just to see if that helps.

ahh I thought it was built into 4.6. Do I need to clear dalvik after setting it?

gonna run that now, will report back.

Upvote 0
ran gscript, rebooted, rebooted again w/ dalvik clear, reinstalled pandora, then restarted again....crashed after 5 minutes in the middle of a really great song, too.

going to try flashing something else until a new version of either pandora or xtr comes out. no pandora is an absolute dealbreaker.

Upvote 0
ran gscript, rebooted, rebooted again w/ dalvik clear, reinstalled pandora, then restarted again....crashed after 5 minutes in the middle of a really great song, too.

going to try flashing something else until a new version of either pandora or xtr comes out. no pandora is an absolute dealbreaker.

I've run Pandora on both xtrSENSE and xtrROM without issue, except with JIT On. With JIT On, it has always crashed (although, I have never played with the big heapsize).

If you're having issues regardless of heapsize, I'd suggest reflashing the ROM. Have you verified your .zip's md5 checksum? I have a feeling you just had a bad flash or something.

P.S. Although you'll see better benchmark performance, JIT On with any Android 2.1 based ROM doesn't noticeably increase your actual performance in use. In fact, there has been people who suggest it actually hurts performance. IMHO, it's best not to run JIT unless you're on a Froyo ROM.

Reactions: thrawn86
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones