1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Pandora now streaming ads?

Last Updated:

1. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else starting to get streaming ads with Pandora? I know they've been doing this with the iPhone app for a while, but didn't think it had come to Android yet. I've been using the android app for 8+ months with NO ads, then today I get 2 within the first 10 minutes of listening.

I'm not talking about the banner picture ads, I have those blocked with AdFree. It comes on between songs and I had one for McDonalds and one for KFC, lol.

Advertisement
  2. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

I haven't run across it yet myself, but I've always thought that the banner type ads in Pandora were pointless. When I'm using Pandora, I'm generally not looking at my phone, or if I am, I'm using an app other than Pandora, so I don't see the ads anyway. Maybe they've come to the realization that visual ads in audio apps don't generate much income.

3. Cameronbic

Cameronbic Member

Yea, sucks they started putting in audio ads, but it was bound to happen sooner or later. The only ads I have gotten were the ones suggesting I upgrade to the paid version of Pandora. But, after the first two or three, I started closing the app when the ad starts, then starting it back up.

4. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

I got my first ad yesterday. It's a little annoying to start getting these, but considering that the app and service are free (at least for the limited amount that I use it) I think it's reasonable.