Pandora on MyTouch?

1. violaceous

violaceous New Member

I would love to be able to use Pandora's site on my phone. Is there a way? I didn't see anything in Apps and the phone's browser isn't (can't?) display the Flash on the site.

Am I missing something or is this not do-able?

Thanks in advance,
    MyTouch Newbie

Advertisement
  2. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Not exactly the same, but Imeem is a great alternative and you will grow to love it. I do.

Cyrket - imeem Mobile
  3. MonkeyK

MonkeyK Well-Known Member

I don't like Imeem.

I tried it and it keeps on offering my crappy songs. I put a bunch of punk bands + Bob Dylan and the Beetles in my "favorite artist" list. All I get for songs are a bunch of slow songs (most bad folk songs)

I keep hitting "x" and eventually get a message that I can't hit "x" anymore.
    Well then give me better songs!
  4. dkaufman1

Interesting. I visited Imeem on both my PC and G1 and had a great time combing through the large library. It seemed much larger than Pandora. It sometimes does get caught in a rut no doubt.

On my pc....

Here is my search on The Beatles
    beatles Music on IMEEM

and Dylan
    Bob Dylan Music on IMEEM
    once there, I find a song I like such as:
    Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Woman - Free MP3 Stream on IMEEM Music
    Then I click the "heart" to favorite it.

How do you do it?
  5. violaceous

violaceous New Member

I installed this. Functionality seems cool but the music I am getting is random. Maybe I have "favorited" enough bands to get a good blend.

Thanks for the rec though.
  6. bobgaron

bobgaron Active Member

Yes Pandora is WAY better. I use it all the time and when coming to Android Imeem is the best option, but has really crappy selections.

One upside is that it is WAY faster at loading than Pandora.
  7. dkaufman1

I'm not pushing Imeem, it's really the only choice right now. I am surprised at the comments. I think Pandora's selection compared to Slacker and Imeem is very weak, lots of repetition for me on the PC.

I have had a great variety with Imeem, one thing I do select is Favorite Artists, as this way I might get a song I didn't favorite by an artist I already like.
  8. Ghost117

Ghost117 Member

Why imeem??? The last.fm client for android runs way better and suggests better music. I dont see any reason to go back to imeem
  9. dajobo

dajobo Well-Known Member

By the way, Pandora is creating an app on the android... So just sit back and hopefully we will see it sooner rather than later.
  10. dkaufman1

Hey Ghost as a non last.fm and non imeem user, Imeem was simple to set up on the device and start right away. If last.fm is that good, could you provide a quick suggestion of which app you use and how to best use it?

Thanks.
  11. dkaufman1

Awesome. I hope Slacker follows suit. They have other platforms already too.