• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pandora on the EVO

So I've recently downloaded the Pandora app on my evo and don't really know how to work it is there a way to get different genres or just the first one you search? It won't let me search more songs or artists... please help I'm so confused

Tap the bottom left icon. It looks like a bunch of lines. Should be just to the left of thumb down. From there hit menu, and select "create station" from the popup.

Reactions: pinkorchid72
Upvote 0
While I haven't experienced the issue with pandora, it's actually my backup media streamer as I like Shoutcast radio a lot more.

The music is higher quality (or at least can be) and it certainly doesn't skip songs, although I had issues buffering the music on the stock HTC kernels. Netarchy's seems to be perfect though as I've gotten no stutter.

Downside is there's not intelligence built into it, you can't skip songs, etc.

Upvote 0
I'm rooted, running the stock rom, and pandora version 1.4.1 and don't experience any skipping or cutting off of songs...

I don't update a app unless its giving me a problem, once you find a version of pandora that plays well with your setup, stick with it... sometimes those minor updates & bug fixes can do more harm than good...

Upvote 0
I'm rooted, running the stock rom, and pandora version 1.4.1 and don't experience any skipping or cutting off of songs...

I don't update a app unless its giving me a problem, once you find a version of pandora that plays well with your setup, stick with it... sometimes those minor updates & bug fixes can do more harm than good...

Just curious, how much time have you given it. I listen to pandora for about 5 hours a day, and maybe have this happen to me once a week. Yesterday I had it running for most of the day, not a single issue. Today it skipped twice while on the bus. Very strange.

Upvote 0
Just curious, how much time have you given it. I listen to pandora for about 5 hours a day, and maybe have this happen to me once a week. Yesterday I had it running for most of the day, not a single issue. Today it skipped twice while on the bus. Very strange.
about an hour at a time, IMO if it happens to you that infrequently I would'nt worry about it... but thats just me

Upvote 0
about an hour at a time, IMO if it happens to you that infrequently I would'nt worry about it... but thats just me

I am not so much worried as I am annoyed. If it has been going on for this long it seems like Pandora should do something about it. I am sure they are making bank off of on screen ads as well as audio ads in between every half dozen or so songs, so we are essentially paying them by using it.

Upvote 0
ok, I used pandora when I first got my phone in my car. It worked great, even used nav with. Had it on high quality. I then wanted to listen to some flac files. I installed some media players. The flac files skipped, and now pamndora skips. I have removed the flac files and media programs, but it is still skipping.

Now when I loose a good connection/signal, it skips ahead to the next song, but this is more like a cd skipping.

--I removed the flac files, media players, and restarted my evo. Everything is back to normal. I would like to play flac files though.--

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Wader

Upvote 0
I have the same issues with skipping during a track or skipping to the next song especially on 3G. I don't experience as many problems on 4G. However, I've noticed it skipping NOT due to the connection, but just if a COUPLE of other apps are in use such as facebook, the weather channel, etc. Also, the lock screen becomes extremely slow and takes a while to unlock or use features on the phone. After a reset the skipping due to low memory stops.

For a 1GHz processor, it sure can't handle much.

Upvote 0
ok, I used pandora when I first got my phone in my car. It worked great, even used nav with. Had it on high quality. I then wanted to listen to some flac files. I installed some media players. The flac files skipped, and now pamndora skips. I have removed the flac files and media programs, but it is still skipping.

Now when I loose a good connection/signal, it skips ahead to the next song, but this is more like a cd skipping.

--I removed the flac files, media players, and restarted my evo. Everything is back to normal. I would like to play flac files though.--

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Wader

Have you tried Power Amp to play your flac files? Plays flac without a hitch. My favorite music player. I think its free for a month but you have to buy it $4.99 after that.

BTW, I wonder if the Pandora problems are location specific. I live in Pittsburgh and drive around town all night listening to Pandora with no skipping or any of the problems noted here except when I go into the few known bad reception areas; then I may get a skip or two but it clears pretty quickly and I stream for hours on end with no problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones