• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pandora shuts down

Found an app on my phone called Task manager and it was causing all my problems. I changed the -setting to not auto-end. It was on the auto-end list snd once I removed it, no more shutting down when screen times out.

Task managers are useless. They just create more issues and your phone ends up working harder. Fast reboot would be something better than a task manager.

Upvote 0
Found an app on my phone called Task manager and it was causing all my problems. I changed the -setting to not auto-end. It was on the auto-end list snd once I removed it, no more shutting down when screen times out.

I'm guessing that you rooted your phone to find and remove that?

I came to this conclusion that the phones factory task manager is causing the issue also after non factory navigation apps were installed and they would shut down by them selves also.

For our phones the ram manager known as low memory killer (LMK) I think causes the issue. and if the app is not a factory app LMK will kill it after a period of time.

Bummer!

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue. Exhibit 2 and running pretty low on memory. After exactly 30 minutes Pandora crashes. Driving me CRAZY! had this issue before and after I rooted. Figured with root I could fix this issue but have yet to find the solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I removed as much bloatware and useless always running apps as I could. I tried to freeze the task manager app and I'm still getting the same issue! I have the latest Pandora app.

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue. Exhibit 2 and running pretty low on memory. After exactly 30 minutes Pandora crashes. Driving me CRAZY! had this issue before and after I rooted. Figured with root I could fix this issue but have yet to find the solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I removed as much bloatware and useless always running apps as I could. I tried to freeze the task manager app and I'm still getting the same issue! I have the latest Pandora app.

I have yet to find the fix. But if you read more of the thread there I one person who said he found the fix. But your phone needs to be rooted. My fix was I got a totally different phone. Lmao I went out and got myself a blackberry torch 9810. Much better phone as far as I'm concerned. Only things I lost switching to the blackberry is no front camera and I kind of miss swype. But over all everything else pays off in return. Exspecially being able to stream music till my battery is dead with out a single glitch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones