Pandora skippingSupport

Last Updated:

1. StatusCheck

StatusCheck Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm listening to Pandora for the first time since getting Froyo and the songs are skipping. Sometimes I can get through a song with no skipping; other times it will play a minute or two of a song and then skip to the next one. Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

Bump....yeah i noticed this as well after the 2.2 update. anyone know why? Maybe the Dev needs to update the Pandora app

3. markketch

markketch Well-Known Member

Ditto. On 2.1 I'd use Pandora all day in my office (solid 3G service) with no issues. Now with 2.2 songs skip like no other. I even tried Slacker but had similar issues (slow load or skip).

4. fearofth3dark

fearofth3dark Well-Known Member

Are you using headphones? Cause this was an old problem for a lot of people on 2.1 too. I just use the widget headset blocker. If it's the same problem I had then you just have to put that widget on a page and turn it on.

AHanks12 likes this.
  5. thelastdraco

thelastdraco Well-Known Member

i listen to pandora very often at least one or twice a day and all the time when im driving, but i never had the skipping problem (i am also using HQ settings) on 2.2

try to reinstall the app

6. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

This is the fix!! Thanks! Just downloaded Headset Blocker from the market....it's a small discrete widget that gets the job done.

7. StatusCheck

I'm still skipping, even with the widget. Any other suggestions?

8. markketch

markketch Well-Known Member

Pandora was fine on 2.1, but I tried that widget last week and unfortunately it made no difference.

9. blither

blither Member

When you guys say skip, do you mean it has a slight pause or does it move on to the next song?

10. StatusCheck

It's moving on to the next song. I get pauses with some of my other music apps, but this is an outright jump to a new song.

11. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

I get it very rarely. Though, since 2.2, I have hardly listened to Pandora. For some reason even on the HQ setting it sounds to me like the audio quality went down. I usually use it in the car and before the quality was on par with a CD. Now, even with the HQ setting on, it sounds more like "radio" with its poor frequency response. I just went back to CDs (I have a 6-disc MP3 in dash changer, so no big deal).

12. StatusCheck

FWIW, I emailed Pandora about this issue, thinking at least it would let them know that one more person is troubled by this. They responded with this:

Dear StatusCheck:

Sorry you are having problems with this.

My first suggestion is to power down the phone and pull the battery out. Put the battery back in, turn the phone on, and then try launching our app again.

If that doesn't help, try uninstalling then reinstalling the app.

>From the home screen, press the menu key and select "Settings" then "Applications". Next select "Manage Applications". Scroll down and select Pandora. Then uninstall.

To reinstall, go to the Android Market and search for Pandora. You should also see it in the most popular apps list.

Note: We do not support Pandora on rooted or modded phones, unofficial OS releases, or custom ROMs. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and won't cause any problems with functions of the device.

Let me know if this helps.