pandora/slacker not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. undone98

undone98 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

recently (about 4 days ago) my pandora stopped working. i forced the update to 2.2 on my droid about around 8/11 and pandora worked fine then other than a slight audio quality problem and stoping everytime the app was interrupted. it still played music.

Now it will continually load songs but never play them i thought perhaps this was a problem with the app so i downloaded slacker and still nothing it would load songs but no audio

anyone else having this problem? anyone have a fix?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Do you use a wire through the headphone jack to listen to music? It could be something bad in there....

If you don't try blowing it out anyway with compressed air.

How *do* you listen to music, and do other things (like notifications / local music on your SDCard) still work?

3. undone98

it's neither of those things the music that i have on my phone's sd card still works fine both on my head phones and over the phone speaker

4. johnlgalt

And your WiFi and / or 3G is active? As in you haven't enabled Airplane mode?

(Sorry, I have to ask - I know you said that you had seen it loading songs, just making triple sure it's not something simple....)

If that is the case, and the volume is full on with both of those apps, you better check and see if something like Timerrific or Locale is killing your volume when you run those apps....

5. undone98

i understand but the volume is up i dont have any apps like that lol i really am having trouble figuring it out :(

6. johnlgalt

And it does not play through headphones nor speakerphone....

Have you tried uninstalling them and then reinstalling them?

b/c I have not had Pandora and Slacker not work yet....I only have the pause when interrupted issue....

7. undone98

the basic music player does play through both but neither pandora nor slacker will play music i'll get the name of the song the loading sign and with pandora i'll occasionally get a message that says we're having unexpected technical difficulties i have uninstalled and reinstalled both and still nothing

8. johnlgalt

Try watching Pandora for 10 minutes and see if the song changes - if not then it is a Pandora issue (although I doubt it cause I am using it just fine every day.

Are you trying it on WiFi or 3G?

9. undone98

3g the reception is fine i'll try wifi when i get home

10. johnlgalt

Try it now on 3G and watch and see if the song changes.

Also, there was a Pandora update in the market just now so I am going to test it as well - last update was at least a couple of days ago so it could just as well be the app....

And if it is I have a Titanium backup of the app that I might be talked into posting up for you to give a try, assuming you're on the most current version....

11. undone98

just tried wifi at work and got an "unexpected HTTP error occorred code 417 while StartupAsyncTask"

12. johnlgalt

There ya go. It is something on your phone that is blocking the signal. "You can't stop the signal, Mal." - Uh, well, apparently your phone can.

Are you rooted or unrooted, and what version of Android are you on?

13. undone98

unrooted android 2.2 frg01b

14. johnlgalt

Hmm. I have a file hosted at Peter Alfonso that is a master 2.2 update - instead of patching existing system files it simply wipes the system partition and then copies all new files to it - you might try that one.

Even being unrooted, I think you can still use the stock recovery to install it....

15. johnlgalt

New version is working perfectly fine here as well.

16. hbrocks

hbrocks Member

I'm having this exact same problem......!
    I just did the suggested "exercise" of leaving Pandora running to check if the song actually changes (the app loads, initializes, looks like it's working however there is no sound)....well, the song changed, but....a "pandora" pop-up dialog appeared that says..."We're having unexpected technical difficulties" . This sux, cause I use to use Pandora EVERYDAY...now no go... =/

Edit: I even went as far as uninstalling and reinstalling with no success.

17. sdhempe

sdhempe New Member

Having the same problem. Songs load but, no sound. All stored music and other radio work fine. Must be a Pandora issue - sure hope they resolve it!!!!!

18. hbrocks

hbrocks Member

19. OrangeTroz

OrangeTroz Member

I am also having the same issue. Some days I can't access pandora or slacker at all.

20. johnlgalt

All of you recently repliers - perform a factory reset and reinstall all your apps under 2.2 - and if that does not work, then get the 'Master' update I referred to in an earlier reply and use it.

The original OTA update for 2.2 did a strange thing - it required that you were on 2.1 update 1, and then it ran a script that 'patched' your existing files to the 2. versions - but as all of us rooted folks know, sometimes thing performed in recovery don't, ah, go so well.

For that reason, the master file I mentioned earlier is a nice by pass of the whole patching system - instead of patching existing files, it simply removes all of your system files, and then copies a whole new set of system files - without removing your apps.

This is really the same method used by most of the ROM developers out there that make us all of these classy ROMs that rooted users use. So, I know that it is a better and safe process.

If you are still having issues, then, after using the Master update, do one final factory reset and reinstall all of your apps (for testing purposes, I'd install Pandora alone, first, and test it, and then install all of your other apps....and test again.

21. OrangeTroz

OrangeTroz Member

Will the factory reset remove the custom rom or unroot the phone?

22. johnlgalt

No - it is for data only - aka your apps and settings.

It does not alter the ROM itself, nor your rooted status.

And most of that should auto-magically restore itself thanks to Google's cloud services - as I mentioned in my previous post.

23. OrangeTroz

OrangeTroz Member

The factory reset appears to have worked. Thank You

24. johnlgalt

My pleasure :D

25. OrangeTroz

OrangeTroz Member

It is broken again. Now it shows the cover art and quickly goes from song to song every few seconds without playing anything. Will see about switching from bugless beast rom to something else. Looking at the comments on the app though it looks like alot of people are having problems. Not much hope.

I tried Last FM. The music plays but I don't like the service as well.