Pandora Sound quality on G2Support

Last Updated:

1. Brishanbo

Brishanbo Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I've had the G2 for just over a month now and really like it. I do have a gripe about the sound quality of streaming Pandora in my car. The sound is that of an AM station. I plug my iPad in my car and it sounds great. Any remedy to my G2 sound?

Advertisement
  2. blkidea

blkidea Active Member

I noticed the same problem. I also noticed that when I stream my music with audiogalaxy the quality decreases too. I'm assuming that is because the applications do not have an EQ and because they are being stream. Just some thoughts.

3. djsinco

djsinco Well-Known Member

Check the quality setting on your Pandora app and make sure it is set to "high", I believe default is "low."

4. dbgrigg189

dbgrigg189 Well-Known Member

I actually emailed the dev about this issue the other day, he said that it is a problem with froyo and aac+ formating. Carriers are getting the updates together to fix the problem its just taking a little bit of time.

5. eschnit81

eschnit81 Well-Known Member

I just got my G2 yesterday. This was the first thing I noticed. Kind of annoying, especially considering I went from the dismal failure that was the behold 2 to this. At least its only software related and not hardware related as I had feared initially. I hope there is a fix soon.
    In the meantime, does anyone know of an equalizer (root or non-root) that we can use until this problem is resolved? I remember finding one on the behold 2, but I can't remember what it was called...

6. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Well-Known Member

switching the quality from normal to high doesnt really change it that much. and you shouldnt have to do that considering every other phone sounds stellar on ''normal'' my droid x on 2.2 with pandora sounds perfect.

7. Brishanbo

Good to know that it wasn't my phone...Thank you

8. Brishanbo

Found this on the Pandora FAQ..

Why am I experiencing audio issues on Froyo? If you have upgraded to Froyo (Android 2.2), you may notice audio-quality issues while listening to Pandora. The Android team is aware of this issue with AAC+ audio and has released a fix, which is gradually being rolled out on the various Android handsets.
    Currently the Sprint HTC EVO and the Google Nexus One have OTA Android OS updates that incorporate this AAC+ audio fix.
    If you have a different handset than the two mentioned, please contact the support team for your handset if you have any further questions about this issue.

Problem solved for now I guess until the update gets sent out.