• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pandora Sound quality on G2

I just got my G2 yesterday. This was the first thing I noticed. Kind of annoying, especially considering I went from the dismal failure that was the behold 2 to this. At least its only software related and not hardware related as I had feared initially. I hope there is a fix soon.
In the meantime, does anyone know of an equalizer (root or non-root) that we can use until this problem is resolved? I remember finding one on the behold 2, but I can't remember what it was called...

Upvote 0
Found this on the Pandora FAQ..

Why am I experiencing audio issues on Froyo? If you have upgraded to Froyo (Android 2.2), you may notice audio-quality issues while listening to Pandora. The Android team is aware of this issue with AAC+ audio and has released a fix, which is gradually being rolled out on the various Android handsets.
Currently the Sprint HTC EVO and the Google Nexus One have OTA Android OS updates that incorporate this AAC+ audio fix.
If you have a different handset than the two mentioned, please contact the support team for your handset if you have any further questions about this issue.

Problem solved for now I guess until the update gets sent out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones