Pandora Sound QualityGeneral

1. adammsu

adammsu Well-Known Member

Anyone notice how pandora clicks when playing. I keep my eris pretty clean (very mild task killer use.... if at all, focusing on apps I added and quit using hours ago) and don't have much running at once, so i don't think its a lag issue. i am usually in pretty high 3g signal areas, so i don't think its a connection issue either.... i dont notice the problem on my pc....

Advertisement
    :
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Nope, mine plays very smooth and the sound quality is great. Listening to it right now.

You may want to adjust your settings. Menu > Preferences There are settings for Normal and High audio quality.
    adammsu likes this.
  3. jdailey1981

jdailey1981 Well-Known Member

No problems here. I hook mine up to my car radio and sounds better than satellite radio.
  4. OfTheDamned

Just thought about it and you may want to check whatever you are connecting to. I have had cables and/or headphones cause this problem in the past.
  5. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

mine sounds fine to but I have gotten where I hate the lag in starting it up. It takes forever to load and sometimes songs do skip. other than that though I love Pandora and have found many songs/artists that I love and would never have run across.
  6. icomeanon

icomeanon Well-Known Member

i havent had any clicks or skips or anything, except for when an sms/mms comes in while its playing. are you receiving messages while its running?
  7. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

Yeah, I haven't had these issues either. Have you tried listening to Pandora without headphones? If the click is still there after switching to high quality and not using/switching headphones, I'm stumped.
  8. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

I hear what I think is the click you are hearing but its when I plug into my car stereo. After that everything is sounding sweet!
  9. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

No problems here other than the songs sounding flat due to no EQ.
  10. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

yeah no problems here, sounds more compressed than the mp3's I have on the phone that I made myself but perfectly acceptable for noise at my desk.
  11. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

I gave up my sat radio for Pandora and Slacker and the sound is outstanding compared to both terrestrial radio and satrad. No clicks for me. As an aside, I'm not sure if Pandora is offering or will offer this but Slacker now offers cached stations when you pay the yearly fee or $4.99/month. I use that when in a low signal area and that takes away the skips and lag. Pandora has the best sound quality and customized music IMO.
  12. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

If anyone is interested and can tolerate paying $15 / month, the rhapsody app (currently in beta and not yet available in the market) is amazing. It does require a $15 / month Rhapsody-To-Go subscription, but with that you can play any song in their (millions of songs) database. And it has a "radio" feature that operates just like Pandora.
  13. EricAtUNC

EricAtUNC Well-Known Member

You know I've actually noticed the clicking as well. I use the headphones jack (to RCA) in the back of my pioneer. I thought maybe the clicking was a quality issue (since i just have the free Pandora account). I'll download the lastest Pandora update and make sure the network call quality is set to high.
  14. adammsu

Its not just when i plug it in. The song will play, and I get these random... well i call them clicks. Its not skipping, and not going flat or anything, just a momentary sound similar to the click you get when plugging in the phones. I don't hear it when i use the music app for MP3's or anything, and the equipment I am using is tried and true.... weird. Maybe the high quality setting will help a little, i'll give it a try later.

(edited for spelling)
  15. clemsondave

clemsondave Active Member

I am getting the same thing. It is not the radio as I have it connected to a pretty nice Kenwood car stereo. Mine almost sounds like a very light, low beeping. It is pretty rare, but it does happen.

Trying high quality now. Thanks OTD
  16. adammsu

well, high quality setting seems to be helpful. haven't tried it in the car yet, but i imagine it will be fine. thanks OTD
  17. OfTheDamned

Glad it improved things for you. :D Listening to mine right now too.
  18. pgeist

pgeist Member

Finally someone with the same issue as me! So yea I'm a hardcore audiophile and any crackle/pop in my music really p****es me off.

I have had the EVO since Friday, and everything I try (Slacker, Pandora, last.FM, whatever) cracks/pops when the audio is going through the 3.5MM jack to my car.

I'm already on a waitlist for replacement because I think it's faulty hardware.

I've tried multiple cables and even HQ settings.

Coming from a Touch Pro 2 which had amazing sound quality through the 3.5mm jack, needless to say I'm less than happy with the EVO since I primarily stayed with Sprint for uncapped data. If I get a replacement and it still continued, looks like I may be wandering over to that new iPhony.

I urge everyone with this issue to post here so they can resolve it or figure out whats going on. :confused:
  19. TTupa

TTupa Well-Known Member

From my experience the HQ setting makes a huge difference. No crackling or popping, and songs still load quickly because I'm in a high coverage area.
  20. BDawgTrap

BDawgTrap New Member

I have this same issue. I have had two HTC EVO's and two different stereos as well as two different ways of connecting them. It seems to me like it is the pandora app, as i have changed everything but that and it seems like other programs dont have it. I havent tried the hq option yet, but i will today. will keep you guys updated!

2 HTC EVO's running rooted 2.2

1 Pioneer DEH-P4000UB Using 3.5mm Aux in cable (tried more than one cable)

1 Kenwood KDC-BT945U (Using Bluetooth wireless streaming)
  21. t5800512

t5800512 Member

I have read and re-read this thread, and I still don't understand what the HQ setting is. Can someone explain this in more detail? Thank you!
  22. micallen

micallen Well-Known Member

Mine sounds great !!
  23. Lady Falcon

Lady Falcon New Member

I have noticed this rather annoying click sound also. It occurs when I play Pandora off of my device, with headphones, in the car, and through my tv. It isn't loud but I notice it and wish it was gone. :(