• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pandora Sound Quality

adammsu

Feb 22, 2010
Anyone notice how pandora clicks when playing. I keep my eris pretty clean (very mild task killer use.... if at all, focusing on apps I added and quit using hours ago) and don't have much running at once, so i don't think its a lag issue. i am usually in pretty high 3g signal areas, so i don't think its a connection issue either.... i dont notice the problem on my pc....

Anyone notice how pandora clicks when playing. I keep my eris pretty clean (very mild task killer use.... if at all, focusing on apps I added and quit using hours ago) and don't have much running at once, so i don't think its a lag issue. i am usually in pretty high 3g signal areas, so i don't think its a connection issue either.... i dont notice the problem on my pc....

I hear what I think is the click you are hearing but its when I plug into my car stereo. After that everything is sounding sweet!

Upvote 0
I gave up my sat radio for Pandora and Slacker and the sound is outstanding compared to both terrestrial radio and satrad. No clicks for me. As an aside, I'm not sure if Pandora is offering or will offer this but Slacker now offers cached stations when you pay the yearly fee or $4.99/month. I use that when in a low signal area and that takes away the skips and lag. Pandora has the best sound quality and customized music IMO.

Upvote 0
If anyone is interested and can tolerate paying $15 / month, the rhapsody app (currently in beta and not yet available in the market) is amazing. It does require a $15 / month Rhapsody-To-Go subscription, but with that you can play any song in their (millions of songs) database. And it has a "radio" feature that operates just like Pandora.

Upvote 0
You know I've actually noticed the clicking as well. I use the headphones jack (to RCA) in the back of my pioneer. I thought maybe the clicking was a quality issue (since i just have the free Pandora account). I'll download the lastest Pandora update and make sure the network call quality is set to high.

Upvote 0
Its not just when i plug it in. The song will play, and I get these random... well i call them clicks. Its not skipping, and not going flat or anything, just a momentary sound similar to the click you get when plugging in the phones. I don't hear it when i use the music app for MP3's or anything, and the equipment I am using is tried and true.... weird. Maybe the high quality setting will help a little, i'll give it a try later.

(edited for spelling)

Upvote 0
Its not just when i plug it in. The song will play, and I get these random... well i call them clicks. Its not skipping, and not going flat or anything, just a momentary sound similar to the click you get when plugging in the phones. I don't here it when i use the music app for MP3's or anything, and the equipment I am using is tried and true.... weird. Maybe the high quality setting will help a little, i'll give it a try later.

I am getting the same thing. It is not the radio as I have it connected to a pretty nice Kenwood car stereo. Mine almost sounds like a very light, low beeping. It is pretty rare, but it does happen.

Trying high quality now. Thanks OTD

Upvote 0
Finally someone with the same issue as me! So yea I'm a hardcore audiophile and any crackle/pop in my music really p****es me off.

I have had the EVO since Friday, and everything I try (Slacker, Pandora, last.FM, whatever) cracks/pops when the audio is going through the 3.5MM jack to my car.

I'm already on a waitlist for replacement because I think it's faulty hardware.

I've tried multiple cables and even HQ settings.

Coming from a Touch Pro 2 which had amazing sound quality through the 3.5mm jack, needless to say I'm less than happy with the EVO since I primarily stayed with Sprint for uncapped data. If I get a replacement and it still continued, looks like I may be wandering over to that new iPhony.

I urge everyone with this issue to post here so they can resolve it or figure out whats going on. :thinking:

Upvote 0
I have this same issue. I have had two HTC EVO's and two different stereos as well as two different ways of connecting them. It seems to me like it is the pandora app, as i have changed everything but that and it seems like other programs dont have it. I havent tried the hq option yet, but i will today. will keep you guys updated!

2 HTC EVO's running rooted 2.2

1 Pioneer DEH-P4000UB Using 3.5mm Aux in cable (tried more than one cable)

1 Kenwood KDC-BT945U (Using Bluetooth wireless streaming)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones