• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pandora Stops Playing

Well, it's a settings problem in the phone, NOT a network problem... My phone works like clockwork now on ALL of my streaming music accounts! Hope this helps! :)

I checked and those settings are on by default on my HTC Evo.

Not stationary, but still have this issue. EVERY time I go for a run Pandora will play one or possibly two songs and then play the first 10 to 30 seconds of every song after that. So annoying.

Upvote 0
I have this problem on my Droid Incredible. It plays one song and stops, I have mobile data always on and it happens whether I am stationary or in my car. When it is plugged into the charger in the car it will play continously though and does fine on wifi. I have uninstalled pandora and reinstalled it and that did not help. Any suggestions? Oh and I live in the Des Moines, Iowa area and frequently drive to Kansas City. Have the same issues there.

Upvote 0
In your car means you are moving through the network. That is not what I am looking for. I am looking for sitting at home in one place. Not moving through the network. I am a VZ network employee and am trying to see if there are issues with Pandora on the VZ network. If you do have an issue can you also let me know what part of the country you are in.

I don't have any problems when stationary, but I use Pandora on my VZ Incredible while cycling around town and constantly have it interrupt in the middle of a song and switch to a new song. Sometimes, it'll start a new song, interrupt, and start another song three times in a row. It's very annoying, especially when you really like the song that gets interrupted! I live in Atlanta.

Upvote 0
I have had the issue on my Droid X that pandora will play 1-3 songs but stop abruptly in the middle somewhere. My phone is stationary (cincinnati area) on my desk at work. Used to work great. This all started right after the latest phone update (version 4.5.596) about a month or so ago. Mobile Networks in settings is set to automatic. It will reload if I skip to the next song. Even then, or when I first start it up, The loading times are significantly longer than they used to be. Any thoughts out there?

Upvote 0
I actually have the Incredible 2 and have always had problems with Pandora just deciding to stop and skip to the next song. Lately however Pandora will play something like a minute of the song THEN it will skip to the next song. Only happens on the mobile network so it's not a problem with the app.

--Aric

Upvote 0
This happens on my droid2 in the New York area on pretty much all streaming music services. . .I prefer slacker to pandora. . .it plays for about an hour and then stops. . .has done it for Pandora, Slacker, Rhapsody. . .

Turned off the mobile network and relying on WiFi only and now my Pandora isn't skipping past songs every 30 seconds. Was having this issue major yesterday when I received an OTA update.. I thought I had fixed it by doing a factory reset - now it started happening again today in the past few hours, turning off MOBILE networking (not WiFi) solved it! YAY

Upvote 0
This is sooo irritationg at work trying to listen to music at my desk and im in 3G not in wifi and sitting still at my desk and it keeps going to the next song after only about 30 seconds or less... any help !?! and i live in the dayton, ohio area.

Don't think there is a fix, seems to be a very common issue with pandora right now.

Upvote 0
In your car means you are moving through the network. That is not what I am looking for. I am looking for sitting at home in one place. Not moving through the network. I am a VZ network employee and am trying to see if there are issues with Pandora on the VZ network. If you do have an issue can you also let me know what part of the country you are in.
Samsung Droid Charge gingerbread. Pandora continues to play ok - BUT - when you quit, it also continues to use about 4% of your battery until reboot. This is on VZ

Upvote 0
found problem: Juice Defender app automatically turns off data when phone is idle, changed settings and now seems to be working fine. Thanks, that was driving me insane.
I've wondered whether Juice Defender is causing some of my problems - and yet it practically doubles my battery life. Could you tell me how you changed the setting? Did you disable Pandora or leave it with no selection? Or did you have to turn off JD as long as you were listening to streaming?
Thanks.
Madeline

Upvote 0
I was having this issue with pandora, i changed the settings as stated above but must mention it was in a battery thread about unchecking the always on mobile to save on the battery.

My battery has been horrible since i got the phone and quite honestly unchecking this item didnt really help it any but i will recheck it to see if it fixes the pandora issue. Thanks alot!
Take a look at Juice Defender. It offers the option for wifi preferred and I believe if you couple that with the settings setting, you'll have more battery and more music. There's a free beta.
Madeline

Upvote 0
I've wondered whether Juice Defender is causing some of my problems - and yet it practically doubles my battery life. Could you tell me how you changed the setting? Did you disable Pandora or leave it with no selection? Or did you have to turn off JD as long as you were listening to streaming?
Thanks.
Madeline

JD can definitely cause streaming problems (it can automatically control the "Mobile data always on"), but you might not have to disable it completely.
(The application trigger used to work for me, but I don't think it seems to work at all anymore.) Anyway.. You can probably adjust a few things in Juice defender to get streaming working again. Try to set the TRIGGER traffic threshold to "NORMAL data and 2 minutes". Then also bump up the SCHEDULES duration to 2 minutes or maybe even 5 minutes. That should keep it streaming without disconnecting.

Otherwise you could disable juice defender (easy to do at least in V3.9.4) and enable the "always on mobile data" in the phone's wireless menu. If that doesn't work then you probably have a different type of problem entirely.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem with Pandora and my HTC One X stopping play after one song. It happened when the display would sleep. If I set the display to never sleep it worked fine, but drained the battery really fast - not a good solution. After reading one of the posts about turning off any "app killers", I remembered that I had installed a battery saver app a few months ago. Sure enough, as soon as I disabled the batter saver app Pandora plays perfectly without any problems stopping, etc. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones