Pandora Updated TodaySupport

Last Updated:

1. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I haven't updated my phone yet. Still skips, still stutters. Bah.

Anyone with CL14 have the new version? Did CL14 fix the buffering issue?

Advertisement
  2. kencrudup

kencrudup Well-Known Member

CL14 still has the too-tiny audio buffer, and no version of Pandora (or any other player) can fix that issue 'till Samsung does. (IOW, it still fails the "open the slider, hear your music get chopped to pieces" bug).

3. professoroffruit

professoroffruit Member

I have never had any problems with pandora. I go to the gym and running with it all the time and it has never skiped/laged on me once and I've been using it since november.

4. kencrudup

... same here, if it's running statically. Now try doing something else with your phone at the same time (like I said, even just opening the slider) and see how it sounds.

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Even better yet for someone like me, does it have bass? Playing clearly is fine if you listen to classical/polka music. Aside from that, any other music genre requires bass. If there is none, as is currently on my device, it's not 'working' by my standards.

6. kencrudup

Bass, or lack of, is primarily a codec issue, anyway. Have you turned on "high-quality" mode?

That being said, I'm all Hip-Hop and R&B, and while I don't expect thumpy bass out of a cellphone of any kind, it sounds fine to me. What are you listening thru?

7. Thefoodman52

I have tried both normal + 'high quality' sound modes. Neither work, lol. I'm using both Skull Candy Titans, and Bose Earbuds. Don't know what model the bose one's are, but the hefty price on them was $100. By the way, the Titans are actually better in sound quality, bass, and overall material quality than the Bose ones, go figure. :rolleyes:

8. kencrudup

I'll admit that one of the biggest disappointments with this phone was the choppy audio, esp. with Bluetooth, so I stopped playing music on it and can't really remember how it sounded. How do your on-SD audio files sound?

9. ydoucare

ydoucare Active Member

You must have some kind of magical Moment. I can load it up right now, let it play, and not touch the phone, and it'll skip at the beginning of songs, and will randomly just switch to the next song in the middle of a song.

10. Thefoodman52

On-SD music sounds perfecto. It's only streaming.

11. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Same here using Amp'd Noise Canceling Headphones. Mine's wonderful on SD, but TERRIBLE on streaming. In fact, I think that since the update the stuttering has gotten worse. And overall there is no bass, even in high quality mode.:(

12. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Use Skullcandy inked and they sound great on sd music. Pandora is bad but I Heart Radio sounds ok except slow on local stations but top 40 ryan seacrest works great?

13. kencrudup

Funny thing- this weekend I'd taken the car w/o XM out somewhere and left my iPod in the gym bag in the trunk. Since I'd already started out, I figured I'd see how well/badly Pandora would work, so I plugged the Aux jack into the Moment, and since I was just letting it play (and not doing anything with the phone) and once it got over it's initial buffering and skipping it did go just fine for 45 mins on the way home, no skips or anything ('till I got an E-mail, anyway :)).

It's still quite unlistenable if you do anything with the phone at all, so let's hope the next update fixes the way-too-small audio buffer issue.

14. Thefoodman52

It seems everyone is focusing on how well it streams... I could honestly care less if it streams fast enough to get my next 2 songs ready. If it stills SOUNDS like crap, it is crap. There is no bass in it, what so ever. I'll continue to use slacker and Last.fm until this is fixed up in the least.

15. kevinrs

kevinrs Well-Known Member

I saw there was another pandora update(1.2.1 as of march 3 I think), and decided to see if I could find release notes, no luck, but:
    Pandora FAQ
    Samsung moment not supported? is this just out of date or something?

16. kbrn

kbrn Well-Known Member

I see a lot of comments of ppl having trouble with pandora and their moments, made me curious about pandora since I did not use it.
    So I downloaded it and baaaam!! It work just great!!
    Now I wonder why would I want to load my sd card with mp3's when I can have pandora on when I want to listen to some music on the go???

17. Radical-J

Radical-J Well-Known Member

They don't want to Officially recognize the Moment because we have so many issues with P...