• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pandora vs. Last.fm

Pandora vs. Last.fm

• Total voters
I tried Pandora very early on, thought it was a good idea but it didn't find anything new I liked.
A year or so later, I tried last.fm and it was easy for me to find stations with fringe music that I had never heard of. So I've stuck with it. I should try Pandora again, but I have no reason to leave last.fm really.

Upvote 0
I've been trying Pandora again since reading this thread earlier. I like a lot of the music it's choosing.
I like the personalized, social network feel of last.fm - scrobbling and keeping track of everything. And when I "love" a track there, it posts to my FriendFeed which I also like.
I like them both for different reasons now, and I don't know which one to stick with.

Upvote 0
last.fm

music fits well

Seconded. Plus I started with last.fm and that's where all my user data is tied to (a year or two of listening history). So I'm pretty inclined to stick with it just for that alone. Don't know if Pandora is better because I've only really used Last. But I have no complaints and have found a *lot* of new bands via Last, I find their suggestions very accurate with my tastes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones