Pandora wierd sound problems

1. katoom400

katoom400 Well-Known Member

I have some strange problem when using pandora connected to my car stereo via aux in.

If I start it up, it plays perfectly. If a call comes in, it pauses and takes the call...then resumes just fine after the call.

but if I manually pause the music and switch to another app. when I return to pandora and un-pause the music, it plays but sounds "garbled" like it is under water! I have to reboot the droid at this point to get it back to normal.

Anyone else have this strange problem? this is my second droid with the same problem.

Advertisement
    :
  2. pkay

pkay Member

I don't have that problem.
  3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I use Pandora in my car, work, home, and at night (going to sleep) every day. I obviously have apps pause Pandora as well as manually pause it without any issues what-so-ever.

The question then becomes, what app have you had on both of your DROIDs that is causing the issue? And chances are, those of us not having this issue are not using the same app(s) that you are.
  4. katoom400

good point on the apps. I have installed :

button short cut
    voice dialer hf
    pkt auctions
    moto torch
    barcode scanner
    duperdial
    craignotication
    swype keyboard
    stopwatch
    tapatalk
    dolphin browser
    es file explorer
    video safe
    handcent
    fart droid (very important)
    screen mode
    tip calculator
    the weather channel
    taskiller
  5. adammsu

adammsu Well-Known Member

any one noticed that Pandora makes some "clicks" when playing. i don't notice it too much with low volume and headphones, but in my car, i notice them pretty bad. At the speeds that i get around my house, it can probably download the song in 5 seconds, so i don't think it would be a streaming issue.....

I don't expect pandora to be cd quality, but the pops are getting on my nerves. the PC verios that i have used extensively doesn't click like this....
  6. adrianvfx

adrianvfx Active Member

yeah, the fix is to switch it to HIGH Quality

Its very annoying in my car :(. I had to do that. Same thing happened with my friends iphone
  7. katoom400

my problem ended up being an app called HFDIALER. when I would pause the music, use this app to dial and then return to any music app the sound was messed up. Since I stopped using it I have not had the issue.
  8. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

Bingo . . .