pandora works half the time

Last Updated:

1. sentinelace

sentinelace Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This apparently either works or doesn't. Takes forever between songs with full bars. Is it full of bugs?

Advertisement
  2. nswolford

nswolford Member

Mine works fine. It takes about 2-3 seconds for a new song to start up and more like 5 seconds for the info to show up. That is not forever... The only problem i have with it is when i go from wi-fi to 3g. Then it freezes up and i have to restart.

3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I use Pandora every day, and it works flawlessly. Keep in mind it uses data which had nothing to do with bars. Bars signify your cell signal, 3G is what you should be looking at.

4. sentinelace

hmm. Not sure why it sucks for me. What does it mean if I don't have the 3G on my phone? Obviously not in my area?

5. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 Well-Known Member

What area are you in? Also does it show 1X next to the bars or nothing?

6. teschoen

teschoen Well-Known Member

Pandora mostly works for me. IF I pause it or pull the headphone jack out SOMETIMES it will lock up the widget and I'll have to launch pandora to 'quit' the program several times. But it comes right back up.

I have changed the low memory setting which helped some, but it still has that issue. It has always done this for me so I'm not sure what app I had prior to pandora that could cause the issue but I'm sure it is an app issue not a droid issue.

7. athflying

athflying Well-Known Member

Pandora normally works pretty well for me, but lately it seems Handcent and Pandora aren't playing nice. Everytime I get a popup from Handcent, it will stop playing. If I go back to Pandora, it is still running, but the background is blank and will not let me skip to a new song or resume what it was playing. Only solution is to "quit" and reload.

8. BigTimeNexusFan

BigTimeNexusFan Well-Known Member

Sounds like your in an area where you have no 3g or poor data service. I only have issues with Pandora if I am in an edge data network area. The is because it has to download the song from the data connection to your phone. SO, if your connection is slow then that could be your issue right there.

9. teschoen

teschoen Well-Known Member

Exactly.. but I don't have a single trigger. Sometimes it is pausing a song, sometimes it is a notification.

Maybe my MissedCall app is causing issues....

10. sentinelace

Thanks guys