Pandora

Last Updated:

1. Rube8514

Rube8514 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there anyone else out there having trouble with Pandora staying connected? After I tune in to a station that I like and leave my phone, i will notice that my music has stopped playing. But, (sometimes) when I come back to my phone, the music will start back up. Then again, more times than none, when i come back to the phone, the program has stopped responding and I will have to restart the entire program. Any ideas that can help me with this issue?

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

WiFi or mobile internet?

3. Rube8514

Mobile Internet

4. Kelmar

Verify in your settings that you have mobile internet to "always on".

5. Rube8514

In the preferences for Pandora, it doesn't have that setting. It does have a Time Out feature but it is set for an hour. I did turn that off.

6. Kelmar

Check the phone settings.

Home - menu - settings - wireless controls....

7. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I have my screen set to never time out and I've never had a problem with streaming for an hour or more. My wife has a Moment and her screen times out after a few minutes and she complains that Pandora quits on her sometimes too.

8. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I've yet to have the issue with my Hero but I'll pay close attention to it now since you've brought it to my attention.

9. Gee

Gee Member

I tend to have the same problem. Not a major deal because i'll always end up just unlocking my screen whenever it occurs and Pandora will be back playing.

but I don't want to have my screen always on because of battery life. Any other solutions or reasons why this happens?

10. j_preu

j_preu Active Member

I have the same problem and I contacted Pandora and here is the response they gave me:

This can happen sometimes if the stream is interrupted or has too many lost packets. This can occur on a congested internet connection, for example an office LAN where many people share a single Internet connection.

Also, Pandora uses an audio encoding technique that can confuse certain network security devices if they have out-of-date firmware.

If everyone in your office is experiencing the problem one of these two things could be the cause.

Another scenario is a wifi connection with a weak signal, or even a strong one if there is interference. Interference can come from wireless phones, neighbor's wifi transmitters, baby monitors, microwave ovens etc.

Pandora uses a buffer to prevent most network problems from causing an interruption of the music. Pandora will try to reconnect and continue where it left off. If that fails it will make a new connection and start a new song.

Sorry this has been happening to you. If you are on a wifi connection you might want to check if there are other wifi transmitters nearby with strong signals. If so, you can change yours to a different channel far away from the channel of the other transmitters. Usually channels 1, 6 and 11 are best.

Rube8514 likes this.
  11. Gee

Gee Member

Thanks for the info j

12. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info as well, I always wondered why my Pandora app did that.