Pandroa Issue?

Last Updated:

1. jdawg0024

jdawg0024 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I love this app to death, however, every now and then while playing Pandora it will stop playing until I turn the screen back on (then it resumes on its own) I have looked into the settings to find out what might be the cause but not luck. I updated the program about 2 days ago (the market shown an update for it) but the problem is still there. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

That's only happened to me once. Just be glad you didn't get a Moment, they blow at streaming Pandora. My wife gets mad because mine does so much better than hers.

3. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, me too. It didn't when I first used the app, but lately it has been doing that. I haven't updated it though, if it continues I will probably uninstall it. Useless if it will blank out...

:)

4. ehiggins

ehiggins New Member

Mine cuts out the time spent streaming is always random.

It also reboots my sense UI, loading screen shows up, if I launch from their my stations live folder and the crash happens on menu then exit

5. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

I used to have the same issue but the newest update seems to address the issue. I took a 6 hour trip yesterday and played it the whole time without any problems.

6. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

I too have the same issue where Pandora will randomly stop playing after it's been running for a while. To get it to work again I have to close it then restart.

7. JonB

JonB Well-Known Member

Happens to me almost everyday while i listen to music. As soon as a touch the phone to wake it back up, it'll start playing again. If i'm listening through bluetooth, it'll play fine. I also had teh issue of restarting sence for a while. Seems like it might have something to do with the Pandora widget. I took it off, and it hasn't crashed or rebooted since then. Same thing with my girlfriends Hero too.

8. g0tr00t

g0tr00t Well-Known Member

I have the same issue and figured out what was bugging mine. I created that Live Folder on my home screen for Pandora which reset my Sense UI everytime on exit.

Now I just have the Pandora app and no live folder...no more resets on exit.

9. puffx0r

puffx0r Active Member

Just wanted to say I noticed this issue yesterday too. The current song would finish and the next one wouldn't start until I turned the screen on (just pressing the power button, not even unlocking the screen).

I tried toying around, seeing if manually turning the screen off or letting the screen turn off on its own would help, but I noticed no difference.

It's not too annoying because sometimes it DOES play the next song without my intervention, but other times it doesn't. I find myself turning the screen on anyways to thumbs up or thumbs down the song selection.

10. cakorps

cakorps Member

Same here. Wish someone would find an answer. It's annoying to have to press the menu button after every song.

11. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Well-Known Member

I have read that some people with this issue (running some version of a 2.1 ROM) have fixed it by going to Menu --> Applications --> Development --> and selecting "stay awake."

It is reported that this will solve the issue even when the phone isn't plugged in. I have no experience with it one way or another, so I can't vouch for it.

12. Doomstang

Doomstang Well-Known Member

This...exactly! :eek:

13. BigJayTX

BigJayTX Active Member

Mine only stops playing when it is unplugged. Since I mainly listen to it at work, I just leave it plugged in and it plays for hours on end with no problem.

14. R2D2-AKU2

R2D2-AKU2 Member

I don't know if this is a coincidence or not (I haven't thoroughly tested) but if I leave Pandora playing in the foreground and the phone goes to sleep, I have fewer problems than when I switch to another app or go to the homescreen THEN let the phone sleep.

15. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

All this because Pandora doesn't want to deal with fixing issues and just falling back into the 'We don't support this phone.' routine, even though this was the phone showed as using it. >.>