1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

panels

1. c64

c64 Well-Known Member

Does anybody know how to add more home screens?

I was told by bestbuy mobile that it would be capable of 12 hoem screens???

Advertisement
  2. c64

c64 Well-Known Member

anybody????
  3. androidnewby

androidnewby Active Member

from all I have read and seen...its only capable of 3...anyone know differently? I know the Eris had more home screens...
  4. c64

c64 Well-Known Member

Best buy mobile said 12, he heard that from a motorola droid meeting. 3 screens doesn't seem like enough:confused:
  5. v-6 nolo

v-6 nolo Well-Known Member

i read about an app that will give you seven but forget the name.
  6. yamaha83

yamaha83 Member

im pretty sure you can... but i think the only way is to add an app... look for a home screen app in the market place...
  7. johninbigd

johninbigd Well-Known Member

The Eris is running the HTC Sense UI, which I believe gives you 7 home screens.
  8. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

ahome and panda home can give you more as well as giving you very nice new themes.
  9. MarvinAndroid

MarvinAndroid Well-Known Member

aHome and Open Home both allow you to add more panels. They also have a few other features as well. Be careful though... I'm not sure if they are tuned to the Droid yet.... (2.0 and a bigger screen). I think some apps will go through some growing pains while bugs start showing up with all these new users and their Droids.
  10. c64

c64 Well-Known Member

thanks
  11. MarvinAndroid

MarvinAndroid Well-Known Member

hey c64.. if your name stands for what I think it does.. .there is also a C64 emulator in the Market place which can run games etc at full speed. :) It's pretty cool.
  12. c64

c64 Well-Known Member

Could you give me more info on these 2 apps? Not finding apps worded "aHome" or "Open Home":confused:
  13. blazingwolf

blazingwolf Well-Known Member

Neither work correctly on the Droid.
  14. c64

c64 Well-Known Member

ok, i guess were stuck with just 3 home screens:(
  15. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

Once 2.0 has been on the market for a bit and gets a little wider audience, we'll see all these issues go away.
  16. darrinaltman

darrinaltman Well-Known Member

I have no experience with the two mentioned add on apps aHome or Open Home but I did have a Sprint Hero with the Sense UI for a few weeks and although these UI overlays add a ton of customizations they also seem to slow down the phones a lot. Maybe with the Droid's processor or 2.0 it will be different but I'm sticking with and loving the speed and flow of stock Android.
  17. Mykl26

Mykl26 New Member

I have seen multiple screens on the store phone (Droid at verizon) but I don't know how to do it yet myself tomorrow, I hope the app is free unlike ahome, I will ask the Verizon employee that had it on his phone. Im sure if it's a Verizon app someone will make it available to the masses.
  18. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

Maybe there's 4 different "modes" (weekend, work, etc), and each one has 3 home screens, totaling 12? I know I read that the Eris has 3 modes, 7 home screens each.