Panic Mode- Lost most contacts->Restore OK on phone, but when Synch, they are gone again

Last Updated:

1. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Subject says most of it. I don't know how, but most contacts are gone.

I did a restore from a Titanium backup on my phone, and they came back, and I breathed a sige of relief.

But as soon as the phone synched, they were gone again. Apparently the contacts in Google Mail take precedence.

Desperately hoping that someone has a solution for me.

Advertisement
  2. rob989_69

rob989_69 Well-Known Member

Turn off sync and restore again. Then set your sync to merge instead of overwrite.

ewingr likes this.
  3. ewingr

That sounds like a perfect solution. Only problem I have now is I don't see a method to do that. When I go into settings, it has a selection to synch, but no settings for method. Hate to ask, but any suggestions on how to do that?

EDIT]
    Well, I got them back, While browsing around through the menus, I saw an export capability. So I turned off synchronization, restored again, exported. Then took that file to my PC and imported it into Google.

When all was said and done, I had to Clear the contacts on the device, and synch from Google again, and now I"m back. Whewh...

4. rob989_69

rob989_69 Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond earlier, but it looks like you figured it out on your own. It is not very intuitive as to how the whole sync thing works that's for sure.

5. ewingr

No Problem. I appreciate all efforts. We all have things to do besides post on forums :p