Panicing Slightly..

Last Updated:

1. thomsonga

thomsonga Active Member This Topic's Starter

How long (on average) does it take to flash and install a custom ROM?

I rooted my desire last week and took the plunge with a custom ROM today (OpenDesire 4.0.0). I backed up successfully using Rom Manager and started the installation process. Note: I didn't clear the cache or anything so this may be the problem.

The phone re-booted and now I have an Android splash screen with a light going across the word Android twice. The animated image then disappears for a split second then does the same. It looks like it's stuck in a loop.

Is this just a case of the cache causing issues, or is it still installing the Rom?

Advertisement
  2. smokinmonkey

smokinmonkey Well-Known Member

What ROM? Is this your first time going onto 2.2 from 2.1 ?? If so you must do a full wipe. When I installed my first custom ROM I didn't do a wipe and it just looped the ROMs boot screen over and over. Did a recovery, installed with wipe and it worked perfectly.

Just pull the battery out and boot into recovery (hold vol down button while pressing power button).. do a recovery and reinstall the ROM doing a full wipe.

thomsonga likes this.
  3. thomsonga

Recovery didn't work the 3 times I tried it. Now got it working...I think...Recovery just loaded the O2 spash screen every time I tried it until now.

Attempt 2 :)

4. thomsonga

All appears to be well now :) I have no idea why my phone wouldn't boot into recovery before.

Now up and running OpenDesire 4.0.0.