• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Panicing Slightly..

thomsonga

Aug 6, 2010
How long (on average) does it take to flash and install a custom ROM?

I rooted my desire last week and took the plunge with a custom ROM today (OpenDesire 4.0.0). I backed up successfully using Rom Manager and started the installation process. Note: I didn't clear the cache or anything so this may be the problem.

The phone re-booted and now I have an Android splash screen with a light going across the word Android twice. The animated image then disappears for a split second then does the same. It looks like it's stuck in a loop.

Is this just a case of the cache causing issues, or is it still installing the Rom?

What ROM? Is this your first time going onto 2.2 from 2.1 ?? If so you must do a full wipe. When I installed my first custom ROM I didn't do a wipe and it just looped the ROMs boot screen over and over. Did a recovery, installed with wipe and it worked perfectly.

Just pull the battery out and boot into recovery (hold vol down button while pressing power button).. do a recovery and reinstall the ROM doing a full wipe.

Reactions: thomsonga
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones