• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pantech element reverts to 1/1/1970 6:00 pm

I have a Pan tech Element. I updated to ICS. If I do a complete power down when I turn it back on the date has been reset to 1/1/1970 and clock to 6:00pm. I do not have a sim card for it. Just using it for a wifi tablet.

never heard of this device before but cheap tablets generally don't get a lot of support. You can read some interesting facts here in this thread

http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/631594-off-brand-phones-tablets-worth-low-cost.html

Good luck with your issue and welcome to the forums we're glad your here.

Upvote 0
Its just a simple case of a non-working CMOS battery. This battery is kept running for the clock and date when the device is powered down, and recharges from the device battery when its on. If the battery stopped working, the clock and calendar resets, just like how a digital clock would if you pulled the batteries (provided it has no CMOS as well).

Reactions: argedion
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones