• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Paradise Island.. Help Please!!!!

I had to do a factory reset of my Htc Desire S this morning, just re-setting up my phone, please tell me that ive not lost my Game saves for Paradise Island.

I was on level 21 with $9,000000 in the kitty, if ive lost all the weeks/months of work i just may cry!!!!!

ive just re-installed the game from Android market in the hope that it would pick up from my sd card, but it just gave me a naked island with the "start or tutorial" options.

Please help if possible

Same boat here!!!! I'm really devastated by loosing almost 4 months... I was on level 33 and almost had all the awards... I have not rooted my phone yet, has anyone restored the data from their rooted phone b/c I’m not sure if it is worth losing more data with rooting vs. replacing my lost paradise island... But I really want my paradise island back
I have found a file on my sd card that is asec file does anyone know what that is?
any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Upvote 0
I'm starting to hate this game, too. With level 10+ you have to wait so looong until there is anything happening. It is getting really booring.

I disagree. For me (since I've done it twice now) it isn't until after about level 10 that things start to really pick up. Make sure you are building the larger buildings as they provide more income which is what you need since your XP required for the next level gets exponentially higher. Make sure that you are working towards your awards as this is where you get your XP & cash for leveling up. The first time around I kind of sort of did the wards as an afterthought. This time around I focused mainly on them and have found that I leveled up MUCH faster than before. Move a tree back and forth while you watch TV or something to get the award for moving facilities. Build roads and demolish them. Upgrade your facilities to the 5th level until you start getting the more expensive facilities because the higher levels on those are expensive with lower return on investment. Leave your phone plugged in with the game on even when you're not using it because the time-in-game award gets quite lucrative the higher you go. Find out what the secret awards are for building items, start with the cheapest one and then go to the next and so on. That way you get all those out of the way early on when you have space. You also get more buildings that collect more often which helps to get the rewards that require you to collect more often (collecting, yellow sign & green sign) as well as repairing awards. Bottom line is check your awards often and be working towards those and clean your friends islands once a day to get all that $ and XP. Also, remember that when upgrading your facilities or moving them to your store/warehouse the money you've collected goes to zero w/o collecting so I never move to warehouse or upgrade until just after I collect to maximize my income. My approach this time is also not to demo buildings unless I absolutely have to. This means I save up and buy land as needed and work harder to cram all my buildings in and I've found this has worked quite well as I don't waste money demo'ing plus it's buildings that are still generating money and awards.

Just a few tips off the top of my head.

Upvote 0
I am not able to "hunt monsters" or collect mystic items to help build the buildings. I don't see any monsters. Can someone help me understand what I am supposed to do in the game or tell me if there is something wrong. Thank you so much for the help.
J

Did you do the update? Do you have a bat flying in place above your pier and is your cruise ship now a large pirate ship that doesn't come/go but sits in place at the dock? If you have these and no monsters roaming around make sure your have road built from your pier to your roadways. My wife had the same problem and when I checked it out it turned out she had deleted the roadway/sidewalk that extended from the dock/pier so I built roadway sections leading to her buildings and other roadway sections then visited one of her friend's islands and when I returned... there they were. The tourists were still wandering but the monsters stick to the walkways (awfully conforming for zombies, ghosts and vampires .. lol) so w/o that they won't show up.

Try that and let us know if it works. If it doesn't give more details and maybe we can help out. My Witch Stand should be done in an hour or so and I plan to have another building started around the same time at the rate I'm going assuming I've got enough employees to do so that is.

Upvote 0
My tablet crashed & since the company couldn't fix I received a new one. Couldn't get back to my original island Serenity. Had to create a new one, Serenity 2. SO FRUSTRATING!!! I had been level 33 now, after a week, I am on level 17 again. Pretty please add me as ur friend:) I like everyone's islands because I know how hard we all work on them. Also, I can't get the battery to work & lost out on the Thanksgiving things so I will use it on Xmas if someone can tell me how to activate it. Pushing in it or trying to recharge the grn bar didn't work & it stole piastes from me. Thanks for any help.

How do you send gifts anonomously? Someone is sending gifts to me & I don't know how to send gifts back. It's sweet but, I like to reciprecate. What level do u have to b to send Frankenstein statues & pumpkin columns? I can't find them to send.
Please add me to ur friends on Paradise Island:) Thank u kindly

Upvote 0
Hehe, well you are in luck!
You could save your islands (game save) or ANY file by using a restore tool. I recommend creating a backup of your SD card first.
Also, make sure (if you have root, to Titanium Backup your apps/games) first.

Recuva is a recovery tool that can restore files from your computer, sd, or any external storage device. Apply that on your BACKUP SD card folder, find the saves and transfer them to your SD card in your phone via USB.

Enjoy! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones