• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Parental controls/ administrator???

secretLOVER

Android Enthusiast
Mar 25, 2010
So, I got the View for my 8 year old daughter and would love to put parental controls and/or limits for her use. I know about the app protectors but have read theirs easy ways around it. Anybody use one of these?

Before anything is said; she's 8 1/2! :p Haha!... I've always given her advanced gifts and constantly push/encourage her limits in technology, school, playing, etc. and hasn't gotten anything below an A in school, is advanced, and amazes me everyday. She definately shows she deserves it and will benefit from it. Although I trust her, and will still be watching what she does like a hawk, theirs always that ONE time, that ONE mis-click, that ONE scumbag ad, that ONE time she thinks I won't find out. She also lives 100 miles away during the week and don't want her mother nagging me about what to do or whatever.

Was going to go with a Nook until I saw this at the current sale price. She was bagging me for an "iPad" and it took me one trip to the swap meat to know that "iPad" meant anything with a touch screen.

I know I can limit the market apps. I've barely been able to play with it till I take her home since it was delivered while she was here. If it's not easy, just give me the phrase to search.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones