Parse error apk apps

1. cgr767

cgr767 New Member

hi there

i have a disgo 6000 tablet which runs on andriod 2.2 system as this item doesnt come with google play already installed i tried to download the google play store app manually via an .apk link and it has come up with 'sorry we are having problems parsing this package' i have browsed on other forums and have downloaded root mobile however this does not recognise the device i have also tried other applications to fix this problem but to no avail please if you knnow something that i dont and think you could help please reply

thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

First off welcome to the forums :)

I have moved this thread into the General Tablet Talk forums to receive some better assistance.

Hope this helps!
  3. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

1. do you have unknown sources checked in application settings?

2. Android 2.2, better known as 'Froyo' is quite old. many apps downloaded (if recent or updated) require at best 2.3 "Gingerbread" and higher, with a mere fraction of recent or updated app versions being compatible with Froyo or earlier. is it compatible with your version?

3. Parse Errors usually happen if the installer found a corrupt (bad download, half download or unsuccessful download) package, or if you tried using the installer to install two apps at the same time, or if your version of Android is incompatible with the app version you're trying to install. If, for example, I tried installing Go Weather EX on
  4. cgr767

cgr767 New Member

ok thanks is there any way that i can upgrade my device to gingerbread?
  5. nickdalzell

Not likely with cheap tablets because there is no way to flash another version unless developers write a custom recovery for the specific brand and these cheapies just aren't on their radars if you get my drift.
  6. cgr767

cgr767 New Member

is there not anyway i could try manaully ??
  7. nickdalzell

Not unless you want a new paperweight