Partial Screen Lock-up, I fixed the Capacitive Button Sensitivity...Support

Last Updated:

1. Bmerz

Bmerz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

But sometimes other small parts/and or button commands lock-up. For example; since I am new to Swype, I decided to take the tutorial and each time I would click (or even tried to slide) the next button, it wouldn't respond - took about 5-7 tries.

While on the phone with tech/and CS yesterday (for whole diff issue), I asked about the Capacitive Button Sensitivity - as mine wasn't working that well either (as others have mentioned). Tech had me remove the battery for 2 full minutes, and put back in - and now the Capacitive Buttons works perfectly.

Anyone else having partial screen/certain buttons not responding to commands? I guess I could try removing the battery again, but I am not sure that will fix it. Thx :)

Advertisement
  2. MILcityBOI

MILcityBOI Well-Known Member

You might want to to a factory data wipe and see if that helps...I myself haven't had any issues at all so I cannot be 100% certain it'll work but if you are getting any "lag" then that should not be...

3. Bmerz

If I do a Factory Data Wipe, will it clear out everything I've added to it - since I got it? Like my contacts, and any apps I installed? (I can re-install the apps, as I haven't added but a few), but having to manually re-enter all my contacts would sux! lol

Also, newbie here - if I decide to try your suggestion, how do I do this? Thank you! :)

4. Nucleartx

Nucleartx Well-Known Member

Your Contacts are sync'd by google contact list so they are safe. AppBrain to backup your apps.

5. Bmerz

Thx Nucleartx; but I am thinking I did something wrong. As I have manually put in about 50 contacts, and only have 3 in my Google mail - is this is what you mean? I just looked in my Google mail, and only have 3 - and they were the 3 I had before I bought the phone.

I don't normally use Google mail for day-to-day emails, I use my CoNcast email - I use Google mail for blogs/forums that I subscribed to - notifies me when someone replies to a thread etc. So I am not sure what to do. I guess I could try to find a way to transfer all my contacts to Google mail, as eventually I'd like to drop CoNcast and use my phone for internet. :)

But I don't really want to do Google mail contacts manually - as it took me long enough to get them into my phone! lol