partially sighted/blind help me for the interface

Last Updated:

1. sharkboy_torino

sharkboy_torino Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone, I am an Italian partially sighted, and then I have big problems of view. I note with regret that Android is very configurable, but with more difficulty.

I have a HTC Desire with root privileges.

I would simply like to change most of the interface, not pleasure, but to use it, for example, I have to change anything that has white background with black background and then put white text, here's a list:

- Change backgrounds with blacks and whites to white text (it is called high-contrast)
    - Change buttons with clear background and insert new ones with black background and white text
    - A little larger all the characters
    - Enlarge icons
    - Have all black keyboard with white keys
    - Have different software with a black background and white text

How do you see there.

I am a programmer and I also know Java and I have the android SDK installed, the only lacks experience in this system since I got two days ago.

I installed without success, Open Home, in the sense that I did not get good results.

Can you help?
    I am willing to install something already done or create something from scratch I just do not know where to start, I know that Android is based on the topics of XML, but I do not know where in the system, such as retrieve and re-enter .

Excuse me for my bad english

Thank you all.
    Ale

Advertisement
  2. EmperorKabir

EmperorKabir Well-Known Member

people over at android.modaco.com might be able to help.

I am curious though. If I was partially sighted, I would probably want to avoid touchscreen phones and use instead phones with hard tactile keys that I could easily feel for. May I ask what made you use a touchscreen phone?

3. sharkboy_torino

sharkboy_torino Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    I fortunately I still have a good residual vision 2/10, so I can use touchscreen phones, I would say that in some cases are more usable than the old phone.

I would suffice to set color and font sizes, as I do with my nokia.

My company gave me a HTC Desire, which is why I am now ercando of seven.

4. jred7469

jred7469 Well-Known Member

You can use folder organiser lite to create your own icons (from images) for each app/shortcut.

Another thing you might find userful is an app called Car Dock V2 - it is free from the market and is essentially a replacement home app but designed for in the car, it still gives you 7 screens and all the cions added are enlarged versions, you can add widgets also.

Hope it helps

5. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

You can change the background wallpaper to a black image.

you can also use voice to text to 'say' your texts, emails searches etc and to dial numbers.

goodluck.