1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

partioning question

1. namu1107

namu1107 Well-Known Member

So I am running a non froyo rom, but I want to try a froyo based rom. I am wanting to use A2SD.. What steps do I have to take to reformat my card to work on the froyo rom? I know they use it different. Just a step by step instruction would be nice. Thanks

Btw.. I am currently using A2SD, so its partitioned already. So the step by step would start from there :)

Advertisement
  2. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

A2SD on Froyo doesn't require any partitioning of the SD card. So if you want to use Froyo, just repartition your SD card to a single FAT32 partition.

-Mike
  3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

The steps are the same that you (probably) used to create the a2sd partition - from the relevant menu in Amon's recovery module. Choose to create the partition, but set the size of the ext2 partition and the swap partition both to 0 bytes, and it will make the entire card a single FAT32 partition. Warning: this will erase everything on your SD card - make sure to back up from the card anything that is important to you.
    shaggylouie likes this.